Leasing an apartment

Hello all, trying to lease an apartment in medellin and having a difficult experience. Because I am from USA they will not rent unless I have a colombian on the lease. I have been here for a year and have  a resident visa and cedula but that doesnt seem to help. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can make this happen.?

Google your request. Go to Medellin Expats on Facebook. Go to the Medellin Guru. Tons of information for you there.

If you do not have a Colombian bank account and have not established credit here you will have to get a fiador and put down several months deposit in a CDT to secure your rental. This is, of course, you are dealing with a rental agency. Better off to work directly with apartment owners as they are much more flexible if you can.

Good luck!

Try AirnB

Better yet, move to the country. Its always better and easier....and cheaper, and healthier........But, if you insist on the big city full of smog and traffic, buena suerte.......I had no problems at all....Within a few daze of arriving, I had a beautiful fully and elegantly furnished 3 level 3 bth apartment in a gated community. I paid 2 months up front and signed a 3 month contract.........How many of you are there?

You can contact me, i don't know what problem it is. We do take deposit but no problem where someone is from, almost all our clients are foreigners.

You could try amablados medellin.  I had a pleasant experience renting with them.  Obviously the prices are a bit higher because their apartments come furnished.  Another thing that I've done is to solicit properties through Airbnb and just end up paying the homeowner in cash for a discounted rate and he simply blocks out the dates on his end.  I've done this for monthly rentals on la 70.  Hope it helps

@benbenito83

I am an US citizen. I want to rent an unfurnished apartment in Medellin, preferably in El Poblado, Laureles, or Bellen.

Can you provide a list of real estatete rental agencies (immobiliares) that are open to deposits (3 to 6 months of rent in advance) or CDT, as I don't think I can get a fiador.

You can reach me at***

Thanks.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@benbenito83

Hi,

I want to rent a 2+ bedroom apartment in Medellin, preferably in El Poblado, Laureles, or Bellen.

I am looking for alternatives to fiador, i'e' either CDT or prepaid rent arrangements.

Can you suggest any apartment rental agencies (immobiliaries?) that are open to these types of arrangements?

Thanks.

Furnished or unfurnished?

Price range?

You mentioned a number of months payment in advance.

You did not, however, mention term of stay.

Help us help you.

cccmedia