Spouse visa

Hello all,

My girlfriend and i are preparing the documents to get married at my embassy here in China(we're both foreigners).I am currently in China with a work permit (Z visa) and she has a student visa (X visa).My question is, after we are married and we apply for her for a spouse visa (S visa) can she apply while in China or she needs to go back to her home country and apply at the Chinese embassy?

Thank in advance!

Radu

The requirement to get out of China depends on the type of visa you change to. For example, if you change your visa from a Student/Spouse to Work Visa, then you are required to go back to your home country. In contrary, if you change from Work to a Spouse visa - you don't have to get out anywhere and the procedure is very simple (they will just take a passport and return to you in 1 month with a new spouse visa).
I assume, relying on these examples, only changing to Work visa is more complicated and requires exiting China. Most likely, changing from Student visa to a Spouse visa won't require your wife to go back to her home country.

Thanks for the reply!Eventually got the answer from the Chinese authorities, no need to go out of China