Dependent Visa for Spouse

Hi, I'm a Filipino and a Z visa holder. I want to bring my spouse here in Beijing under a dependent visa. I was told that I can initially have him over under a tourist visa and then apply for a dependent visa once he's here. Another option was to send him all the documents he needs while in the PH and apply for the visa at the Chinese embassy in MLA. But I was also informed that there are a lot of requirements and will take a lot of time in the CH embassy in MLA, Do you think it's much easier to have him come to china under a tourist visa then have it converted to a dependent visa or process everything in MLA instead? Has anyone ever gone through this situation? I need your help, any advice, suggestion or comment will be greatly appreciated.

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened danics!

Good Luck,
Harmonie.

The dependent's visa will not entitle him to work.

I think that even if he comes as a tourist and then converts he will need to leave the country and re-enter.

Do you need the contact details of an honest visa agent?

He doesn't have plans to work here anyway. I thought of that too so that's why I think it's better that he'd come here under a dependent visa already. We have visa officers in the company that I worked for who already offered help. Thanks though