Work visa grace period

Hi everyone. I am trying to find a new employer, but my Work visa is going to expire this month 24th (April 24th) and is in grace period of renewal. I came to know I can extend it for a month by paying a fees of 20BD at LMRA.
Do I need to pay this fees before my visa expiry or after? And also what's the period of extension - 30 days or 90 days? Thanks in anticipation.

After visa expiry, you have 30 days to leave the country or find a new employer.  That can be extended by another 30 days max by LMRA.  All of this is done after expiry.  You, yourself cannot extend a visa that has not expired yet - only employer can do that.

Thanks XTang. So in all I can stay upto 60 days after my visa expiry?! And do I need to inform LMRA in this case?

If I do find another employer after expiry (24th April) , can my visa be transferred or I need to leave the country before my new employer can apply?

You can stay 30 days. For the next 30, you need to go to lmra before expiry and ask for extension.

When finished, you have to leave. If you overstay, forget about getting any visa.  Visa cannot be transferred or applied for when you are illegally in the country. You might even end up getting refusals later due to overstay. So if you don't find a job, just leave when days finish.

I have a company registered in Bahrain,

And it's due for renewal on the 5th of October,

But right now I'm out of Bahrain,

And I have a valid visa,

Please I need to know if I will be denied entry into Bahrain after 5th of October.

Please help me with answers ****

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yes.  It takes a while for expired CR to be deleted and visas cancelled.