Proper rate for house keeper.

Hello fellow expats,

What is the average rate to pay house keeper per visit? I heard various info, between 150 to 300 Dirhams.
Would like to know from long-time expats the proper rate.

Thank you very much.

I pay 150 Dh every other week one day each.  I live in a villa so it isn't small.  But I do furnish her lunch and yes I prepare it.  She is good and honest and sweet

Cathylesher wrote:

I pay 150 Dh every other week one day each.  I live in a villa so it isn't small.  But I do furnish her lunch and yes I prepare it.  She is good and honest and sweet

OK.
I pay 200 per visit. So I guess we are good.
BTW, I don't know what is considered ‘small' or ‘big' in Morocco because I am from New York and every living space in New York is small unless you are a billionaire!
Thank you for the info.

You are welcome.  Villas are generally  larger than the average apartment.  I live in Harhoura and by the beach so it is oricier here.

Pricier.

Cathylesher wrote:

You are welcome.  Villas are generally  larger than the average apartment.  I live in Harhoura and by the beach so it is oricier here.

Ahh, sound wonderful, Cathy!
You seem to enjoy different cities in Morocco.

If you ever want to try living within a stone throw to Gibraltar, my house is rented out (long-term) while I am working in New York. It's in the Merçhane neighbourhood, several blocks from the King's Palace, with view of the city and the Mediteranian.

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/africa … od-of.html

Check it out and pass it on to anyone who might be interested!

Cheers,

A

Beautiful.  Yes,  I can see it rented Long Term.