Blacklisted in Vietnam

Can inmage that 13 years ago you believed vietnam was the spot to live. So sold everything in my country and build up a living here. I didn't ask anyone money or did illegal work. I had enough for living. E few times I build a business on a girlfriend name and a few time a lost it all. But as positive in am, there's always good and bad. So 4 years ago I met a very nice girl in Hoian and we got a baby Lola. The same time we're opened a restaurant and because it was so hard working we didn't had time to get married. I regonized Lola at the hospital and next step was in Hoian. But it was not so easy, because we weren't married. So needed a dna for the Vietnamese part and all documents and for the dutch Consulaat. The restaurant is hard working and not always easy. My girlfriend has 2 more sons and her health is getting bad. So we put the restaurant for sale (still) to arrange all requirements to get it all done officially. Lola is 2,5 years and loves dad. 12 days ago I told Lola daddy go Cambodia for a Vis a run and come back soon. She was crying and hold me tight. 17 -3 I went with the bus to the border moc bai. Sometimes I have a visa one year or long the last time was 3 months multiple tourist. They change all the time and I was thinking ok, let's do everything legal.however I did a quick Express and my visa was finished the next day at lucky Lucky. They told me your blacklisted. I went to the Ambasade and couldn't tell me why and how long. Still today I don't know nothing. Did never bad or illegal things in Vietnam. Never posted something bad. 8 days later and don't know why, how long  all my belongings are in Vietnam. My girlfriend is very weak and needs me. My daughter is crying for daddy. I heard many different stories. I stay CAMBODIA for now but money is running out.. I'm desperately and a broke man. My family the same ! Anyone can share experience with me is welcome

Go to another visa agency and see what happens? Get a second opinion.

You can do a search here and find a few threads from the last year or so.  Everyone seems to be in the same boat.  They just get listed with no reason.  The short version is $3,000 to the right people and you are magically back "off the black list".

Another worthy idea to consider is to apply for an E-visa and fly to Tan Son Nhat, albeit it's a 30-day tourist visa but at least you're in Vietnam and can get your problem sorted out there rather than getting stuck in Kampuchea.

QuidProQuo wrote:

Another worthy idea to consider is to apply for an E-visa and fly to Tan Son Nhat, albeit it's a 30-day tourist visa but at least you're in Vietnam and can get your problem sorted out there rather than getting stuck in Kampuchea.

The blacklist will show up on the computer.

colinoscapee wrote:
QuidProQuo wrote:

The blacklist will show up on the computer.

Applying for evisa will definitely confirm or deny that he's blacklisted. Other than that, I wouldn't trust their words for it.

e-visa won't remove from the blacklist, he need an agency

Doesn't work!

Yes, I tried many things and didn't work. Yesterday my daughter and fiancée left Cambodia and brought me my stuff and money for a few months. My dutch Consulaat is busy with this case and meanwhile I need to wait and living on a low budget. Agencies have different stories and not sure it happens again after I leave VietNam. My fiancée doesn't have access on my bank in Việt Nam! And the prices the ask are insane for something they cannot not tell why I'm blacklisted and for how long

are u overstayed ?

No never

Hey Jim, consider applying as a resident of Vn or a citizen of VN...but you might need to officially marry a vietnamese.

The problem is not overstaying your visa. The TRUE PROBLEM abusing your visa.

You're not meant to be in VN for a long time if you are NOT A RESIDENT of VN.

Same for other countries.

Talk to a LAWYER if you can.

The answer is in the OPs opening post.

If your currently on a 3mth Toursit Visa and operating a business here 😳 your dancing on thin ice.

At the current market rate...$4000 + will make that ice a bit thicker until next time your Visa comes around for renewal .   But once you pay , that ice will still keep melting.   Also, in “paying” your actually acknowledging some kind of guilty behaviour.   Your no longer a clean skin.   Your a player .🤓

They like guys here that “play& pay”.

TimHortonMuffin wrote:

Hey Jim, consider applying as a resident of Vn or a citizen of VN...but you might need to officially marry a vietnamese.

The problem is not overstaying your visa. The TRUE PROBLEM abusing your visa.

You're not meant to be in VN for a long time if you are NOT A RESIDENT of VN.

Same for other countries.

Talk to a LAWYER if you can.

G'day Tim.
Becoming a resident of Vietnam isn't that easy.

This “blacklist” issue has also happened to people on TRC, (temp residence cards) VECs ( married guys with visa EXEMPTION)  , people on business vIsas , people on TRC & work permits as well.   

Obviously the “overstayers” will get kicked in the ass.     Have a look at threads on obtaining citizenship & permanent residency.   It's difficult & I don't think there'd be much “call” for it anyway.   

Besides, the paper it's written on wouldn't be worth wiping your ass with.    Things change here quickly and with the stroke of a pen ,,your cosy deal can be rescinded.

Here,,It's all about being flexible , having options & plenty of what they call “ f+#* you money” to go wherever & whenever you like .( if you've got the right coloured passport)😆

Also...this probably isn't a place to have too much “ skin in the game”.