Cambodia

Hi guys.
Looking for info on retirement in Cambodia.
Cost of living property to rent area's to live in.
Anything else you think I might need to know

Read the many informative posts on this section of the forum.

Will be keeping an eye your progress. A lot of people in Australia are starting to suggest Cambodia. Many thanks, Brian

I  live in Thailand, Surin city, been to many countries. Cambodia near my city only 200+ km to Angor wat. In my opinion, Thailand is the best country for living until the end of life. Cost of living is the same as Cambodia. About medical care Thailand the best. My Thai friend had a business in Cambodia , all of her family got virus (not sure A or B) which transmitted from food there.

It's only 1 country in Asean that people dare not drive in to there, very dangerous country.

@GuestPoster55 I have the same idea. At the end of 2024 I will retire and I am planning to relocate to Cambodia. One person on the forum writes that Cambodia is a dangerous country. I read some threads that say that the comparison of living in Thailand compared to Cambodia, that the people in Cambodia are much friendlier towards foreigners, the country is cheaper and less touristy still, the food is amazing.

But indeed, I still need the necessary retirement info, just like you, that I do not find here. Well I guess, Google will be my friend....... haha

I still need the necessary retirement info, just like you, that I do not find here. Well I guess, Google will be my friend....... haha
-@oshudofsky

This recent thread discusses retirement extension, opening a bank account, etc.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1024934

@oshudofsky

It's really very simple. If you're over 55 you only need your passport and about $290 to get a 1-year retirement visa extension.

Get an Ordinary visa on arrival and a week later you go to a reliable agent who will take care of the process. Takes about 10 days.

Cheers.

Joe

@JoeKhmer I'll be 54 when I get there. Will I just need my SSDI statement to show income?

@PaulR1205

Explain what SSDI is.

@JoeKhmer It's my Social Security Disability paperwork showing that I'm receiving benefits as well as the amount each month. I guess that would fall under proof of pension.

@PaulR1205

Yes Paul, disability is considered retirement, you just have to prove the status plus the disability payments you receive.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Joe

@JoeKhmer Thanks Joe