Relocating to Olocau. Need internet provider and genreal builder.

Hi All

First post  :D

Family and I are on the verge of signing for purchase of rustic property in Olocau.

We have many questions so hopefully all the folks on here will be able to answer and share knowledge/experience.

We will need good internet connection, I have happened upon Svint but they will only provide 10mbps.  Could really do with faster connection so thinking maybe 4G but needs to be unlimited.  Anyone recommend a provider?

Will also need recommendations for general builder/contractor.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Cheers
Matt

Hi, we had the same issue with Svint and other smaller companies. 10Mb was not enough based on the WiFi we were using from the landlady, we need Fibra because we work from home. It was a toss up between Movistar and Masmovil as they could provide unlimited fibre, and Movistar had a better deal. Just having it fitted and will let you know how it goes. We are in Nàquera also off the grid a bit.  Good luck!

Olocau

For those like me who had no idea.  Olocau would  appear to be in Valencia.

Spain is a big country with a lot of small places thus when asking a question it will often ensure better responses if we know where you are.

Thanks john

Worldlygirl wrote:

Hi, we had the same issue with Svint and other smaller companies. 10Mb was not enough based on the WiFi we were using from the landlady, we need Fibra because we work from home. It was a toss up between Movistar and Masmovil as they could provide unlimited fibre, and Movistar had a better deal. Just having it fitted and will let you know how it goes. We are in Nàquera also off the grid a bit.  Good luck!

Thanks for the reply and hope the install is a success.

Would be good to know how it goes and could you tell me how you were able to determine fibre could be installed at your location?

Thanks

Johncar wrote:

Olocau

For those like me who had n idea.  Olocau would  appear to be in Valencia

Apologies for confusion, should have been more specific.

So an update for you.......we've had the fibre with Movistar since Wednesday and we are very happy at the speeds for our work needs. There have been some slow times but it's because my Mac is older and needs stripping back of content. Fibre is available in our area and you will need to find out if they can supply to your address. We were particularly happy with the added bonus of the TV channels which allows us to watch anything in Spanish or in Vos (original version). Hope you are able to find what you need.