Traveling to San Miguel and Guanajuato ideas and people to meet!

Hello -  I am an American traveling by myself to San Miguel and while I have posted on Trip advisor and other sites I would love to hear from someone actually living there who can tell me the best way to get there from the airport and perhaps some recommendations for good places to stay and visit.  I would then like to go to Guanajato.  While I am there I would love to meet some other Americans who can tell me about life in San Miguel and living there...maybe someone to hang out with if there are are social events.  My father was an apprentice of Diego Rivera and I would love to visit the art history there too. Thank you to anyone who can help!!  Enrique

For transport to or from the airport try Viajes San Miguel. To meet expats visit the zocalo (centro) or just about any restaurant or coffee shop near the centro. On Monday nights there is a gringo bingo fundraiser at Los Milagros restaurant on Calle Relox. 100 peso donation for 10 bingo cards. But you will meet expats even if you don't want to play the game. Food is good and they usually have a drink special. Come an hour early and meet some people.