Water?

I have heard that water is a major problem in Esenada,that's fresh water.Where I live in San Miguel De Allende,it will
be a major problem within three years.The aquifer is at the 38,000 year old level of water being pumped.
Is water a serious problem,or is it going to be within a certain time frame?
I want to move back to the coast,but hesitate to move where water is going to be rationed.Please reply,I am moving in November. :/

Water will be a global problem. Unless countries begin desalination everyone everywhere will be impacted within the next few years. So keep that in mind when moving. That is one of the reasons I choose to live on a coast, have a filter system, just in case , and keep an eye on the global water issues.

That's right.  The whole Pacific coast is experiencing draught including Tijuana down to Cabo.  I live in Punta Banda south of Ensenada and most people here have water delivered and stored in a cistern.  Ive lived in Baja Norte for several years and the one thing I have noticed is that due to lack of rain everything is really dusty and dry.  The weather here definitely has changed as it was much cooler in the summer and we've already had weather in the high 70s which never happened 5 years azgo. Water is becoming valuable here and I'm sure this will be the situation all over the Baja peninsula.
I'm staying here until December and then traveling on the mainland in the Highlands to find somewhere not so dusty and not in a state of draught.

Water is everywhere. The desalination of salt water is old technology and you will likely see it utilized on the coast soon. In Saudi Arabia they have a reactor that makes 3 million liters a day. 
As for San Miguel we have been having a pretty wet year, and I expect this like all "were gonna die in 5 years" scare will pass soon and onto something else. 
The Midday Rotary Club of SMA has been building cisterns out in the Compos for years now. One cistern captures enough rain water for a family of 8 for less than $1'000 USD. There are a lot of solutions out there.

Cisterns/rainwater collection systems are useless if you don't get much rain.  There might be solutions out there but very few (including the U.S.) have implemented them.
Most are unaware that desalinization is very expensive which is why so few countries (including the U.S.) have built them.  So that is not the ultimate answer to the problem.

I have a great friend over by Dolores Hildalgo,who has cistern's,and three dams,on her property.The local government put them in at the cost of the fuel for the equipment.One cistern is 30,000 liters,it's under one house she has.The problem is,it takes a very long time for water to travel through the over laying layers to the aquifer.The natural filter system of water makes it the purist water in the world.Surface water is contaminated as soon as it hits the ground,and sometimes before it does,as in acid rain.
There are classes about water in Guanajuato in Dolores Hildalgo,and about natural foods in the area.This problem,as has been said,is world wide,no matter how many people store rain water,it will run out during the dry season.The coast
by the very nature of it's location in close proximity to tropical storms,may not experience a true long period of drought.
San Miguel De Allende,if you actually get the information on the aquifer in the state of Guanajuato,will have a difficult time.That is one reason,I am moving back to the coast this fall.The idea of living in Ensenada is appealing,closer to my kids,and grandson in the states,but going from dry to dry doesn't make sense.That is why I ask about water in Ensenada.

You are right maryellen1952,

Without rain cisterns are not an option. As for desalinization : http://www.haaretz.com/life/nature-envi … -1.659949.     Israel doesn't seem to feel it's too old fashioned and expensive. As for droughts, it is not the hoax you seem to think it is Fred.  http://www.wri.org/blog/2013/12/world%E … countries.

Weather is cyclical, More rain some years, less in others. I did not say drought was a hoax, I said  <<As for San Miguel we have been having a pretty wet year, and I expect this like all "were gonna die in 5 years" scare will pass soon and onto something else.>> It was not that long ago that California was having a huge issue with Mud slides.
Droughts are real, and can last a very long time. But the sky is not falling and this too will pass.

Sorry Fred, it's just comments like "were gonna die in 5 years" scare will pass soon and onto something else." tends to make me think you consider it a hoax. Your right you didn't actually use that word.

Can anyone please recommend good companies in SMA who install rainwater collection and filtration systems?