Question about permission for work!!

I am married. How long should I wait to take permission for work in Ukraine?

You can register as a Private entrepreneur and then you can start working on contract. I think this way is pretty cheap and easy.

Sanja7 thank you. But I have in plan to open an LLC and I don't know if I need a working permission. And I just read somewhere that I should have a director in company, because I am.foreigner.

I think you can open a LLC and be the director yourself. That way you will get the work permit.

If you currently do not hold any type of residency permit, then you are not able to be a director of a company in Ukraine. Foreigners are not allowed.

My wife is the director of our LLC. I obtained my work permit, visa and temporary residency permit based on my employment at the company. I can provide more information or read some of my other posts where I have talked about the process and my experience.

thank you Simon-in-nikolaev....i am married with Ukrainian, and i will have my Temporary Residence Permit in a week !
By your words,if i have Temporary residence Permit  i can be the director?

Devis

Dev Alboz wrote:

thank you Simon-in-nikolaev....i am married with Ukrainian, and i will have my Temporary Residence Permit in a week !
By your words,if i have Temporary residence Permit  i can be the director?
Devis

Hi. No you cant holding a TRP. You will have to get a work permit for that. But in 2 years you get eligible for permanent residency and holding that status you will not need to have any work permit since then.

so i have to apply for work permit? i have TRP and Tax number ! where should i apply for work permit?

thank you !

It is not your (employee's) obligation to apply for a work permit. Your employer is obliged to get a work permit for you to be able to hire you. So first you need to find an employer willing to hire you.

i understand, but the idea is that i will open a LLC in Lviv (and be a shareholder), so i think i don't need work permit !

Best is to check with a lawyer for details. This info you can easily fish out with some mails =)

Unfortunately even being a single owner of a Ukrainian company you still need a work permit to be the company's director. You can check this either by reading the relevant law on the official website of the Ukrainian Parliament: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5067-17?lang=en
Use Google Translate tool and find item 2 clause 2 article 42-1 of the Law.

thank you for your helpful answers !

regards,

Dev