What is IELTS exam, and how to achieve success in it ?

Hello fellows I'm Ali from Algeria, sooner i'm going to attend a test in IELTS to study abroad.
currently I'm lacking ideas of what IELTS exam is like ? and how am I going to succeed it ? I studied English linguistic and literature in university years ago, so is there concessions for former English student or something ?
Any answers are welcome.

writermort20 wrote:

Hello fellows I'm Ali from Algeria, sooner i'm going to attend a test in IELTS
I studied English linguistic and literature in university years ago.

If your uni was any good, IELTS is nothing more than a formality as your background means you're way above the level required for a decent score.

If your uni was a mess (so many rubbish places around), you might actually have to work to get a score worth having.

Potentially sad news - Your post suggests your English needs some brushing up.

Dear Fred, by mentioning "studying abroad" and worrying about IELTS is clearly tells how my university is a mess just like any other universities in the third world ... and I admit that my English needs improvements.
but all I want is explaination about how IELTS works and I want real answers not criticism please !

writermort20 wrote:

Dear Fred, by mentioning "studying abroad" and worrying about IELTS is clearly tells how my university is a mess just like any other universities in the third world ... and I admit that my English needs improvements.
but all I want is explaination about how IELTS works and I want real answers not criticism please !

One section is reading comprehension, something you seem to have a big problem with.
The format of your second posts suggests your English training is a little flawed so you need to find a quality course if you intend to push forward with your idea.

The rest is easily available on the internet.