New members of the Uruguay forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Uruguay forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Uruguay if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hola,
I'm Sarbajit from India, married, working for 20 years with Database and related applications. I'm 48yrs old.
I'm planning to move and settle in South America by this year. Uruguay is my first choice.
As a homework, i had done a language course last year and can speak, read n write in Espanol.
I am also on the process of researching all possible information/ threads/ blogs/ article/ ads about relocating in South America countries. It's sometimes very confusing as so much information are there that it contradicts itself.
It would be of great help if I can get some guidance from first hand experience.

Gracias

Hello
My name is James from Colorado. I am married with no kids but with 3 pets. I just thinking the possibilities to move to Uruguay. Hope not turn into a Venezuela.
I am in my 40s and have lived in Europe for a short period of time. I would possible like to relocate and may have a problem with my wife's visa because she is a green card holder here in the USA. I want to live in the Canelones Departmento. I got over 25 years higher education experience and also years of sales experience. I need to relearn my Spanish

Hello James, my name is Lucia. Can you move to Canelones? Let me give you my phone in case you and your wife need anything. ***.  I use to live in texas 14 years ago.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

We recently retired to Punta del Este, Uruguay. I am from the US and my husband is from Uruguay. We are interested in meeting like minded people near us!!

Our daughter Lola is a free lance Travel Journalist and our daughter Rachael is attending GWU Law. I was in the Mortgage Industry and my husband owned Bicycle Stores in San Diego and Leawood, KS. Other places we called home were Arizona and Florida. We have lived in many places but have chosen Punta as our first step in our retirement journey.

Would love to make some new friends!!!  Ann and Ariel

Hello , my name is Lucia. I live in Montevideo, I am from here. I like to meet new friends.

Hi
We are Elene and Elizma. We are currently stayimg in South Africa and are planning to move to Uruguay. We would like to get in contact with other South Africans that are already staying in Uruguay. We currently have a few very successful swimmingpool shops and would like to know more about how to open a shop or start a business in Punta del Este. We are also animal lovers and love hiking and can't wait to see more of the country.

Hi guys
Me and my husband have been in Uruguay last month. We used an attorney to help us through the process of becoming citizens. It's the best you can do. We are very happy with the treatment, we got answers directily on e- mails and were never kept in the dark.
After our first week in Uruguay we got our temporary Id's!  And with that they allow you to work.

Deep breath...here I go. Hi! Looking at a life change and moving here. More questions then answers right now. Any Canadians that have made the move I would love to hear from you! (Or anyone else) Would like to find how to invest my pension ect..Thanks! Look foward to chatting..

Hi, I'm gourmet for life and a traveler!

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please don't promote your ebook on the forum. Advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi there! I've started being in Uruguay from MV...

O yes, a beautiful place like no other. Ton of discoveries! =)

Hello,  moved here (Montevideo)  last January and love it. I recently decided I'm interested in living in the interior.

Hello, Lucia,
I moved to Montevideo last January y live across the street from La Rambla but am considering moving into the interior because Montevideo is so big and I grew up on a farm. Right now I am in San Gregorio de Polanco on a brief visit. I like the lake and es muy tranquilo. Rhett

You right, Uruguay offers one of the best welcoming systems (by far)  :top:

We lived everywhere before U., in 30 countries, mas o menos

hmm  :/  "forum code conflict"... okay  :top: I just thought it's a welcoming thread and we tell about ourselves, and what can be better describing you than your deeds, but okay, got it

Hi there! Pleasure to e-meet you! What is GWU?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880566

Thanks!

Closed