How do foreigners find a job in Beijing

how do foreigners find a job in Beijing?

Hi and welcome on board Symbiohr!

This article from our guide may help you:
Find a job in China

Good luck
Armand

thanks for your idea.
of course this is a good platform, but i think there should be some others.

There are various job websites, numerous Headhunter / Exec Search companies, via the expat magazines (normally not well paid positions)and mainly via word of mouth. Nothing like a good network of contacts. Suggest you try your local Chamber of Commerce and the monthly Career Development-Headhunter Social Networking Evenings that are designed to help people increase their network of contacts that might be able to help them find a job/ new position.

Try this link http://www.china-expert.org/Jobs-in-China it lists quite a few of the Headhunter / Exec Search companies

u can teach english. its so easy to get it, i think

what kind of job do you want?Maybe I can help you.

maybe you can try the famous www.danwei.org.

ItŽs a website founded by Jeremy,a South-African who has stayed in China for a decade.

What pray is the connecion between your post and the topic?

Using Danwei to find a job is about as useful as sitting outside the local chuanr place with a "hire me" sign.

Manlin wrote:

What pray is the connecion between your post and the topic?

Using Danwei to find a job is about as useful as sitting outside the local chuanr place with a "hire me" sign.

Sorry, IŽm a new member here and not quite familiar with this forum.

Just trying to offer some help for the topic. If the guidelines here do not allow to post a link of some other websites, pls let me know and IŽll delete my post.

If itŽs just that you regard it useless,well,just ignore it. ;)

Contributions are always welcome but it would be nice if there is a connection between the post and the topic.

If you think it will help us understand Beijing then why not a thread about Jeremy's Adventures in the Middle Kingdom?

I still though fail to understand how danwi can help a foreigner find a job in Beijing.

Manlin wrote:

Contributions are always welcome but it would be nice if there is a connection between the post and the topic.

If you think it will help us understand Beijing then why not a thread about Jeremy's Adventures in the Middle Kingdom?

I still though fail to understand how danwi can help a foreigner find a job in Beijing.

OMG.I post the wrong link, the right one should be www.danweijobs.com/en/.

ItŽs a subsidiary site of Danwei which mainly focuses on job hunting. Sorry for the misunderstanding I caused.

:D  Now, that makes more sense :D

Manlin wrote:

:D  Now, that makes more sense :D

:D

try yourinternshipchina.com ( go to about us and internship/job opportunities).

Found my own job there :) most have no fee seeing the companies pay for the service and wages seem to be fairly competitive.

Good luck with finding a job :D

Hello PaulNL and welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie. :)

hi guys......
i want do a job in china...can any one help me??
now i have no job plzzzzzzzzzz

Hi lucky786,

Welcome to Expat.com!

You should have a look at the "Work in China" guide. It might help you.

Good luck,
Christine

also worth are checking out the HK job portals. A lot of China jobs are posted there.

Hello, we are looking for foreign teachers, are you a native speaker?

@ Daverna - native speaker of which language? Swahili?

Haha, English teachers, thanks.

Hi my son is moving to Beijing with his girlfriend who has a teaching job for 2 years. Firstly will he be allowed to work there and what is the best site to look at jobs available. They are arriving in August. Any help is appreciated.

Tina de wrote:

Firstly will he be allowed to work there

No one here can possibly answer that question without more information.

What kind of info.

The fact that your son has a GF who is legally permitted to work in China does not interest the Chinese Government. There is no BF/GF visa.

{ I had a situation a few years ago here in Beijing with a German family (man, woman, child) where the relationship was that of "common law" wife, ie no marriage license, and that was a major hassle to solve.}

What qualifications does your son have?

How many years work experience does he have?

If he has a BA (Minimum) and at least 2 years working experience he stands a fighting chance of finding something.

As a fall back tell him to get a TEFL qualification.

I know of a number of opening for English speaking teachers for kindergartens in Beijing. The pay though is not brilliant

to be honest there are few websites for searching job in beijing you can google it or baidu it , but be so much aware of company ,most of them are just wasting your time

Yes, please do due diligence especially with English teaching job. Run a mile from any employer asking payment for visa, processing, medical etc

Hi
Thanks for your help
He left school at 16 so no major qualifications. His main background is Security which is what he has done for the last 4 years, hes also worked as a storeman goods in manager. May tell him to try the TEFL.

Manlin wrote:

I know of a number of opening for English speaking teachers for kindergartens in Beijing. The pay though is not brilliant

Is it legal for foreigners to work in kindergartens there?  I know it's illegal in other parts.

Yes, it's legal.

That's interesting.  Why are there different cut off ages in different parts of the country?

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

That's interesting.  Why are there different cut off ages in different parts of the country?

Hailey, who cut what off?

What kind of visa is he getting to move to China? To work legally he will need an invitation from an approved business or organisation which I guess his GF has already obtained.

Is the relationship at the right stage to change the status to married.

If they are married he could get a dependants visa.

That would not permit him to work but he could stay in Beijing and either be a house husband and/or look for a company that needs his skill set, and can provide him with the correct paperwork to start the process to be legally employed.

Manlin wrote:

Hailey, who cut what off?

In China, it could be anybody.

or anything

Hi
They really dont want to get married just yet. He is doing a tefl course and the school that his girlfriend is going to work at has already purchased a ticket for him to go on the same flight. For now he is going on a travel visa (unless things Change) will he need a return ticket to show when hes leaving to go in on this? I know with the USA if you are visiting they wont allow you access without a return flight. And where is the best place to look for TEfL jobs?
Thank you

I agree mate

I think China is a great Country. Often difficult to get a legit job. It used to be that "Americans be warned about woman that want to marry you"...ha ha....this has all changed...Watch out Chinese woman the roles are now reversed...

good luck

hi there.
i'm new here.i have a lot of questions :D .i have admission from university of petroleum(beijing) for master degree + scholarship.i have to bachelor's degree with no working experience!i know three languages.can i find a suitable job in beijing?