Epass rejected, now applying for Spass

The company I applied for mentioned that they ticked the box for both epass and spass when submitting my application.

Anyway, my EP got rejected because my salary isn't high enough for my qualifications (when I tried SAT, I only qualify for an Spass and that's what the EP rejection message says). However, since the company ticked that box to apply for both, it would mean that I got rejected for both.

Now, I called the company and they applied an Spass for me this time around. Which confused me because I thought the application is for both (as I've read in the forums).

To clarify further, I called MOM and they said that a company can only apply for one pass at a time (not both epass and spass).

If this is the case, then what's the tick for both spass and epass for in the application form?

Another thing I'd like to clarify is about the rejection message:

“Candidate didn't meet qualifying criteria for employment pass. If you choose to employ this candidate, you may make an appeal. Use the SAT to find the salary required for the candidate.”

As mentioned, the company applied for spass instead of making the appeal as they're unlikely to increase my salary based on the SAT (about $1500 higher than my actual offer to qualify for ep).

Anyone who had the same experience and did your spass get approved? Does the message imply that as long as the company has quota, there won't be much issue with the spass approval? As it seems that the main rejection reason was specifically for epass qualifications (and not because there's something wrong with my background or that I am not eligible for other passes, etc.)

So far, when ticking the "EP & S-Pass" box, it worked as you expected, i.e. you could get an EP, be rejected for EP but get an S-Pass, or be rejected for both.
So your case is either a new development (which means this option would soon disappear from the form) or there was a processing error in your case.
Please report back when you find out which one it is. Thanks!

Hi beppi, I called MoM and the lady said that a company can only apply for one pass at a time and not both. I specifically mentioned to her that the company ticked both epass & spass to which she emphasised that a company cannot apply for both at once.

Anyway, I see other posts as well that says they have been rejected for ep and then company applied for spass for them afterwards. Then that means that either the company has ticked both (with which, applying for spass afterwards isn't possible) or that they just ticked epass (with which, applying for spass afterwards isn't possible too).

That's why a bit confusing. And those posts I read were from at most 2 years ago.

Agreed, I think now you have to tick ✔️ either of one, not both, as MoM has mentioned tick the appropriate box.

There is a possibility that MoM will downgrade automatically if your application not fit into EP but can be considered for S pass OR will reject with reason that applicant not eligible for EP. so, employer will resubmit (through appeal) for S pass.