Hi All,
I will be coming to Cebu in July and hopefully it will be permanent. I have been a school teacher in International schools in Central America for the past two years. Not sure if I want to teach anymore unless its just teaching English.
I look forward to some conversations regarding my move to Cebu.
Thanks and God Bless!

Welcome Terry!

Teaching English here is a whole different immigration issue than staying Long term on tourist visa. They don't want foreigners to work,even if you have to work Visa. I think it's required they look for Philippine citizen first.
Teaching in Korea a few months at a time then back to Philippines might work. Seems they are eager to learn English or Thailand also.
Best to just relax and don't work, enjoy yourself
Oh unless it's a private school being a teacher here is a Long process to getting hired also.

Are there certain asian countries requiring return ticket from PI to home country or is this a must for all asian countries? Believe I heard its only Singapore requiring ticket back to home country from PI?

Canounggoy wrote:

Teaching English here is a whole different immigration issue than staying Long term on tourist visa. They don't want foreigners to work,even if you have to work Visa. I think it's required they look for Philippine citizen first.
Teaching in Korea a few months at a time then back to Philippines might work. Seems they are eager to learn English or Thailand also.
Best to just relax and don't work, enjoy yourself
Oh unless it's a private school being a teacher here is a Long process to getting hired also.

Hi and thanks for responding. Even if I could do some private tutoring to make a few bucks would be fine by me. My Pinay owns a business and is expanding so Ill be plenty busy helping her out and working with the kids. I just wanna make some of my own money to keep up my nest egg. Im teaching now at an International school and everything is kept on the downlow if ya know what I mean. Its ok since Im not planning on staying long term. Two years is long enough. My last school kept things low for me too. I have no committments here and we agreed, no sense paying lawyer fees and trumped up immigration fees if I dont want to be here permaent. I do know if we get married that I can get that Visa that is good for a year and then a temporary work permit that is renewable each three months. Either way, it will work out. I love the adventure and seeing new things. Spending time in Asia has been on my bucket list for ages. So I am real excited. Cant wait to arrive!
Salud From Central America!