American traveler moves to Mactan Island

I've been traveling the world looking for a new home. I tried Thailand but very few people there speak English so it did not work out. Then I went to Greece. Many people speak English in Greece but the crime rate is horrific so that did not work out. Then I went to Italy. Very few people in Italy speak English and that didn't work out. I read the cost of living in the Philippines was very low and many people spoke English there so here I am. I am living on Mactan Island. I am always looking for a great conversation.

I hope to find happiness here and maybe even fall for one of these filapina beauties and live happily ever after.

Any advice would be well received...

Great to know that you choose Philippines! Welcome! I hope you are enjoying your stay here. Yes the cost of living here is low, Very nice people, A lot of great places to visit and wide variety of Delicious Food to try! Filipinos are by nature really warm and friendly and always greet you with a smile. For sure you'll meet someone there that you can get along with and maybe the love of your life.

Good luck and Enjoy your stay here!

Take it slowly though there is alot of good things to learn about this culture and many are different from yours and will be different and new .CHOOSE wisely ..learn to experience the culture first hand before you jump quickly . know what you are going for , ! Good luck.

Hello Wimbleton,

This is quite an old thread (2013), however thank you for your advice here, it is very much appreciated  :top:

Priscilla