Made to order Christmas/Birthday/Wedding cakes

There are some beautiful looking cakes around Saigon. But on closer inspection, they're feeble things slathered in cream. Does anyone know of a place that does 'real' cakes to order?

My fiancé in Saigon makes cakes and festive cookies to order.

I can send you a few photos and see if you like her products?

For more than 6 decades now before all the new bakeries sprang up, Saigonese have been ordering their cakes from either Brodard or Givral, the two original French bakeries that have been here since 1948 (Brodard) and 1950 (Givral).  It's still the tradition in our extended family to order birthday cakes, celebration cakes, and bûche de Noël from them.  They have many locations all over the city.

There are several Vietnamese cake shops in the Dallas area that are well-known and respected. And Saigon is where they came from. Their cakes are decorated with buttercream and are highly artistic. The buttercream is not overly sweet and caters very much to Vietnamese tastes.

Yes, please. 
As you may know, the fashion here is for a very light sponge cake oozing cream frosting and I'm keen to find someone who can do something a bit more substantial.
If your fiancee would care to contact me, my email is ***

Thanks,   Chris

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

"My fiancé in Saigon makes cakes and festive cookies to order."

Great. Could you ask her to contact me.  Thanks, Chris