ABSENT FROM WORK- LMRA STATUS

Hello Good Afternoon to all,

I would be needing your guidance or advices with regards to an LMRA status- Absent from work. To summarize everything, I have resigned from my employer last September 1, 2018, and was not able to find or transfer my visa to a new employer and just last month I have found out that my previous company/employer have filed or reported "Allegedly absent from work" to LMRA.

I have approached and consulted with the LMRA (Expatriate Services and Protection Center) and have submitted my statement to dispute the false accusation. My main concern is would this be a problem for my new employer? and would this issue be a problem to the immigration as well? Because luckily today I got a job offer however the main concern is my visa since it is already invalid and have the status of "Allegedly absent from work". Will I still be able to get a new visa? or will the status of "Allegedly absent from work" be a big issue for the new employer.

Let me know your thoughts and so as your advices or guidance will be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

While you are marked as runaway or absconding from work, no visa transfer is possible. You have to get that removed for the transfer to be applied for and done.

Your new employer won't be able to apply for a visa at all while that status is in effect.  Once it is removed, you have to pay the fines for overstaying and then lodge the visa application.  Depending on the time period of overstay, they may ask you to exit the country and then come back in on a new visa.

Thank you very much sir for your prompt reply.

I have done the necessary process to dispute the absence report and clear the status. And just waiting for the LMRA's feedback whether the case is cleared or not. But once the status is cleared- will the new employer be able to apply a new working visa for me? or I have to check the immigration as well if in anyway my case is shown in their system? I mean... if the new employer saw my status I'm not sure if they can patiently wait for the status to be cleared and also for the fact that my visa is not valid anymore.

or will I be left with no choice but to exit the country (once the lmra status is cleared)

That I can't answer as the wait and tolerance level varies from employer to employer.

Once status is clear, they can apply.   Right now, they cannot.   Once they apply, it could be that the immigration system flashes your overstay record and asks them to get that corrected or pay fines before visa can be applied.

would it be safe if i go to the immigration and ask my record? or wait until the status is cleared?

it wont be a problem if my visa is already invalid and if once the status of "absent from work" is cleared for the new employer. or do i need a valid visa before they can transfer me under their company?

Wait until status is clear.

Your visa has expired and you are overstaying without a visa.  It can't be transferred.  A new visa has to be applied for you.

Thank you very much Sir. You've been a great help.

@XTang hi sir Goodevening to you. I just want to ask what is the process of removing the absent from work? And how can i do it. Thank you in advance sir

You have to approach LMRA within 30 days to file a grievance against a wrong absence from work.

@XTang what would happen if it's past 30days sir? Can it still be remove?

Just approach LMRA and see what happens.