Job Offer and Visa Information

Hello Members,

Hope you all doing well.

Recently, I have received a job opportunity as CFO in Cambodia. They offer a salary of $4,000 per month with 3-time meals and accommodation. By birth, I'm Pakistani national and worked in MiddleEast and Africa mostly. It will be great if someone can assist me in the few areas:

a) How about the tax and other pension or contribution deducation? I saw it's 20% flat tax. Are there any other deductions which are mandatory?

b) I'm a surprise when I get to know that Pakistani are blacklisted? Is it true? But I see on Social Media and other expats website there are other Pakistani who are staying and working Cambodia. Is true? Is there any challenge to secure work permit?

c) I will be moving with my wife and 1 kid (less 1 year). Is there any extra care or arrangement to do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
MS

Hello.

Just some answers:

Indeed the tax on a salary that you mention is 20%.

The best way to avoid problems at Immigration is to get a visa from the nearest Cambodian embassy.

Also have a hotel reservation ready and an onward ticket [can be a cheap flight that you can cancel].

Pakistani people are not blacklisted, some might be but that has personal reasons.

No problem for wife and baby, just have their passports valid for 6 months, also yours.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thank Joe for your time and reply.

Mean there is no such deduction other than income tax of 20%. Further, can you please enlight how about the general living expenses. Is it too high?

How about expat trail wife and kid? Are there have any activities to engage them? How about the education system?

Lastly, how much safe for ladies to travel around?

Thanks once again!

Regards,
MS

Hello.

I have only heard of 20% tax on salary.

Cost of living is personal of course, but let's say you can live off $1000 but if you want some extra's and living with wife and kid you might want to spend $2000 a month.

Medical care is present, there are special clinics for mothers with babies.

Education is low level, but the private and even more the international schools are good.

Hope this helps.

Joe