Riyadh, you weren't this boring before! :(

Hello All!

I'm Aisha! I'm not new in Riyadh, spent some good seven years here before I moved to Pakistan for higher studies.

I've been visiting the kingdom regularly for the past 3 years to get my iqama re-stamped each time, and I never had any boredom-issues ever, but this time around this place is almost killing me!

I'm here for another 3 months, all my friends are away and I have no siblings, so yeah! it actually gets extremely boring at times!

Latest happenings, places to hang out and (party), festivals?
Any sort of help will be appreciated! :D

hi, sure u should have experience with this city "Riyadh" the most boring city in the world, even me and my friends we trying to survive here, sometime we going to the party inside compound, playing bolling, swimming, ..., etc
and there is outing with foreigner group every friday if want to join them u can, may be u can enjoy ur time :)

Hey Thanks for your reply!

If you could just inbox me the details? :)

Hello eyeSha,

Welcome to the blog. You can't blame the city , its actually the lack of friends that's creating boredom. e.g. we are a good bunch of friends and have lots of gatherings, activities almost on daily basis. unfortunately girls are not there all the time so it'd be difficult.

Anyways we are planning a mixed gathering soon and would invite you for it.

Lack of friends, and freedom! to be precise :D

Anyway, Please do let me know of the gathering!

and Thanks for your reply :)

Or you can do some welfare work for the poor (not so educated non saudi workers)......seems more boring for some fun loving funky lads on this forum but this is an ultimate pleasure and best passtime.

Here is the link which didnt get any affirmation from bloggers.  May be you can help in finding some source for donation;
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=81793

eyeSha wrote:

Hello All!

I'm Aisha! I'm not new in Riyadh, spent some good seven years here before I moved to Pakistan for higher studies.

I've been visiting the kingdom regularly for the past 3 years to get my iqama re-stamped each time, and I never had any boredom-issues ever, but this time around this place is almost killing me!

I'm here for another 3 months, all my friends are away and I have no siblings, so yeah! it actually gets extremely boring at times!

Welcome to the forum eyeSHa! Keep looking , events in Riyadh Are posted frequently , either desi events or others! Have a nice time!

Sure, Thank you Saqib :)

If you don't have any problem in going out alone then there are many interesting places. For example Kingdom and Faisalia Tower, Salaama Park, Riyadh Zoo etc and if you are a food lover then there are many restaurants for your picking.

BUT ...
If you are alone as u have mentioned (no friends no siblings) and going out alone is a problem for you then only thing u can do to kill your boredom is to watch TV specially StarPlus Dramas (non stop saas baahuu phadaa drama) ;-)

eyeSha wrote:

Hello All!

Hi Aisha, Well the feelings whish you have got at the moment it are normal in Riyadh city as other people described it as a boredom city in the world. As an expatriate in Riyadh I break this sort of feelings by building friendship relations with others and trying to go out weekly with them as well. I know in Riyadh it is hard to find a good place to enjoy in but we have to make that to change our daily routine and forget the work for a while to refresh our memories.
Wish you the best luck in your residence in Riyadh

Hisham

To stop boredom you need to make some friends. Once you a have a good social network there are lots of activities.

Life is different in Riyadh, however once you overcome the intial "shock" there are a number of events.

If you have a certain interest why not post here..Im sure there will be others who have similar interests.

slyshooter wrote:

Hello eyeSha,

Welcome to the blog. You can't blame the city , its actually the lack of friends that's creating boredom. e.g. we are a good bunch of friends and have lots of gatherings, activities almost on daily basis. unfortunately girls are not there all the time so it'd be difficult.

Anyways we are planning a mixed gathering soon and would invite you for it.

is this the one at my place ? :D

kami :mad:

Nice change of face, wonder who is the real:rolleyes:

Riyadh has always been the same for decades , if you know what I mean... you have to adapt to being...

“All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.”

Captain Jaw Breaker wrote:
CyrusN wrote:

Nice change of face, wonder who is the real:rolleyes:

Riyadh has always been the same for decades , if you know what I mean... you have to adapt to being...

“All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.”

was thinking about the same thing, :) but seems like the needs change ..

Still cant figure it out procrastination ! dose it count as an intrest ?

It is not an interest but rather a passion. When you day dream a lot, it is inevitable , thought it not at all sign of being lazy or lack of time management...The solution... two things a)change your surrounding and b)get a boy friend {you should apply as you are so desperate to find out - kidding}

Regards

I never had issues with my procrastination, but Thanks anyway! I do have a question though:
1) How do I change my surrounding? :S

Friends are fun, boyfriends aren't! so no thank you! :)

and exactly what change of face are we talking about here?
I hope you aren't referring to my profile picture? eh?

eyeSha wrote:

I never had issues with my procrastination, but Thanks anyway! I do have a question though:
1) How do I change my surrounding? :S

and exactly what change of face are we talking about here?
I hope you aren't referring to my profile picture? eh?

I reckon you are chronic for many years and as such you need to bring changes inside of you (that is what I meant by changing your environment- a metaphor).
I would like to go over a series of questionnaire and based on your answers, can further advise you.

About friends, rightly said! {i was merely joking with the other person, not aiming at you).

Rest is all quite simple to follow ?

Regards

let's over them now? what say?

Hi, can you check your inbox :) have fun :)

eyeSha wrote:

let's over them now? what say?

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

Therefore, go over them and let me know.

I thought I was supposed to go over a questionnaire or something? er?

eyeSha wrote:

have I been rejected ? cant I send you a chocolate box to make things better ....

eyeSha wrote:

have I been rejected ? cant I send you a chocolate box to make things better ....

lol ... no matter what but a box of chocolates always do the trick!! ;)

eyeSha wrote:

Haha, let's not talk about boyfriends and chocolates! Totally off the topic! :P

P.S Thanks anyway!

Aahan!! :offtopic::dumbom:

times passed are always good... even tomorrow u will find the present good