Poor worker looking for financial help for medical treatment in Riyadh

A poor worker ‘Sohaq Molla' (working as servant in local hotel situated in Hai' Ta'wan, Abi Bakr Saddique Road, Riyadh) needs financial support for medical treatment in any hospital in Riyadh. He is suffering from piles since long and his health is perishing rapidly. His monthly wage is just 800 SAR/month and doesn't possess any medical insurance card. ………..So you can well imagine his helplessness.

Unfortunately his employers aren't supportive. He is in a lot of pain and  depressed.

We use to spent a lot on fun, lets step forward this time to help needy.  Anyone having any idea about the welfare trust/hospital who extends services to needy and poor people, please let him know. Allah always reward a good deed.

His contact details are as follows;
Sohag Molla (0548036918), Worker at local hotel in Hai'Tawan, Abi Bakr Saddiq Road, Riyadh.

You can also PM or call me for details (Ali, 0531218596)

JazakAllah khair.

Just to add further…….due to no treatment and being alone in Riyadh, his ailment is getting severe day by day.......probably this needs to be operated now. He cannot do exertion and food intake is quite less.

This may be a silly question, but isn't his employer responsible for his health coverage?  How do you know this gentleman?  I wish I could provide you with some info, but I have no idea what is available for him...

Unfortunately, No. His employers are least concerned about his perishing health. I came across this guy during my stay in the same hotel in which he works.

I already referred him to Shumaisy hospital after consulting few doctors.

Legallly his sponsor (employer) has to provide health care.

If this is not the case for this poor fellow, have you considered reporting his employer to the authorities.

SaudiUK wrote:

Legallly his sponsor (employer) has to provide health care.

If this is not the case for this poor fellow, have you considered reporting his employer to the authorities.

I really want to do that but i know i will gave up while chasing authorities......I am new to riyadh and dont know arabic at all.

malisohail wrote:

Unfortunately, No. His employers are least concerned about his perishing health. I came across this guy during my stay in the same hotel in which he works.

Have you spoken to the Hotel Manager regarding this guy?  I would def start there and if they dont take some action, just mention that you are going to take the guy to the hosp and then report them to the authorities.

I've never heard of the hosp - how good is it and where is it located?  Why not one of the better know, Riyadh hosp like Dullah, Kingdom, Suilaman Habbib?

I think that if a few of us rally around this guy we can get some help...  Let me know what the Hotel Mgr says...

May Allah give him good health..

CAF wrote:
malisohail wrote:

Have you spoken to the Hotel Manager regarding this guy?  I would def start there and if they dont take some action, just mention that you are going to take the guy to the hosp and then report them to the authorities.

I've never heard of the hosp - how good is it and where is it located?  Why not one of the better know, Riyadh hosp like Dullah, Kingdom, Suilaman Habbib?

I think that if a few of us rally around this guy we can get some help...  Let me know what the Hotel Mgr says...

I tried to discuss with hotel incharge, i am telling you its of no use! its far better to start treatment of this guy through some other source rather than chasing the hotel owner/manager.

I got a call from a nice and kind hearted english lady today and she is quite willing to help out this guy. May God bless her, ameen.

malisohail

anybody who has a valid residency should have medical insurance this is the law, if the hotel manager refuses to treat him he should report him to the Labour Office in Riyadh 01/4039857.

hi malisohail,
I just read your post and I really feel for this poor man in such pain. Is there any update? Im afraid I wouldnt know who to seek advise from but there have been some valuable responses above. Do you know how much his treatment will cost?Please do keep us informed.

I am looking for any good reference (helping doctor) in Shumaisy Hospital who can facilitate this guy in enrollment and medical treatment.

Shumaisy hospital extend some services to non-saudi poor workers free of charge.

uglybetty wrote:

hi malisohail,
I just read your post and I really feel for this poor man in such pain. Is there any update? Im afraid I wouldnt know who to seek advise from but there have been some valuable responses above. Do you know how much his treatment will cost?Please do keep us informed.

Appreciate your concern. I am not sure about the total cost of treatment as the magnitude of ailment hasnt been determined accurately due to no proper treatment. God forbid, if its turning into tumor/infection, then it will probably cost more.

But at the mmoment, a good reference in Shumaisy will help in determining the diagnosis and prescribing further. If you know some doctor in shumaisy hospital, please let me know.

Malisohail - i just sent you a note.  No need for an appt.  Recommend that he go to the emergency room in Shumaisy for treatment since things have gotten so bad.  Also see the hosp that i mentioned in the note. 

Keep me posted.

Finally, things won't get in shape without some donations……. initially I tried to make it without donations as I was trying to find a welfare trust, but now I think this won't be enough!

I had been away for a while and couldn't able to follow the progress…….Unfortunately, this guy didn't continue the treatment and despite alot of counseling, he is not ready to go to hospital without any reference.........(Though this is a little infuriating at times, but this time I will try to accompany him as his health is perishing rapidly and it's difficult to see the depression he is going through)

You can give your part of donation directly to him; here are the contact details;

Sohaq Molla (Bangladeshi National, Cell: 0548036918)
Worker at Shatha Al Tawun (Furnished Flats) near Zamin Holding, Hai Al-Tawun, Abu Bakr Saddique Road, Riyadh. Its just near to the Mursalat.

You can also PM or call me for details (Ali, 0531218596)

JazakAllah

Here some more info about this guy, i am not sure how much it will help, but anyways I am mentioning this if anyone wants to do any verification;

Name: Soha Molla Fazlulhaque
Iqama Number: 02208630497
Iqama Expirey: 1432/08/20
Date of Birth: 23-11-1978
Nationality: Bangladeshi

just to clear out to those concerned, the so called shumaisy Hospital is "King Saud Medical Center/city"

Mali, you just said he's not going to the hospital on his own, so what good would giving him money would do if he is not going to go to the hospital?

I am not a stone hearted person but I would honestly suggest to everyone to be clear on this case before making any donations, probably better if you donate by directly paying the hospital your self. if you have the time to go give him money you can make time to go with him to the hospital alltogether.

there are alot of scammers who ruin it for genuine cases, and I'm just sayin.

Salman

Salman,

I would take this statement seriously! I can't compromise on my credibility at new place.

Please don't ruin the motion with half cooked knowledge. Call or meet me straightaway if you have ambiguities before putting a word on public blog.

I am a very respectable and responsible expat and this should be enough for everyone around to believe that this case is genuine. I have been witnessing this guy since long; all he need is good reference or financial support (MUCH BETTER IF GIVEN TO THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY).  I would assert you to meet him yourself! That's why I am iterating his full contact information on the blog repeatedly.

Being very new to the place I thought of taking some help from the people around. I couldn't get that much help by taking him to the suggested hospitals; A point in case:  I took this guy to Shumaisy today. They denied treating Hemorrhoids straightaway (unless it becomes absolute deadly) and told us to consult some other clinic.   

This guy hesitate going to big hospitals because he is illiterate beyond your imagination and believes that he won't be listen to (which is correct by the way).

Please don't take the pain of helping humanity if you can't overcome suspiciousness.

InshAllah, I will manage for him on my own.

I have been iterating all the relevant details since beginning and asserting the fact that try consulting this guy yourself, verify the details to satisfy your ambitions before stepping up.

Though being well educated, living  and earning reasonably good, I feel aloof and stressed without my family………..Just imagine how much helplessness this guy would feeling without family, proper living, medical treatment  and money……..this grim fact triggered me to help this guy despite of my own limitations of being new here!

I don't know him at all, he is a Bangladeshi national and I am a proud Pakistani……….the only link we have is that of humanity and muslim brotherhood. That's All!

Thanks a lot for your concerns and help. I will manage it myself InshAllah.

malisohail, we almost intervened when you posted this person details. They shouldn't be on this forum. But please note I didn't delete them.

Now, if you want to discuss about this, please do it in private.

- This discussion is closed -

Closed