Benefits for Brazilian permanent residency holders

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to inquire about the privileges of Brazilian permanent residency holders in terms of:

1) Countries that can be visited visa-free;
2) Education in governmental colleges/universities;
3) Work in governmental organizations;

Best regards,
Dr. Ayman

In general, the Brazilian Constitution gives permanent residents equal non-political rights with citizens, like the right to health care, and the right to be secure in their persons, papers, belongings, and data.  In response to your specific questions,
1.) Granting or withholding visa-free entry is determined by the receiving country, not by Brazil.  You'd need to check with the Consulate of the country or countries you plan to visit.
2.) Permanent residents generally are permitted to take the Vestibular, the entrance examination for state and federal universities and compete for available places;
3.) Entry-level government jobs usually are filled by a competitive examination, a "Concurso".   Each concurso is announced in an "Edital", that defines the qualifications and requirements to participate.  Many concursos are limited to Brazilian citizens, but some may not be; it's necessary to read each edital to be sure.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and for the valuable information.
I heard that permanent residency holders can enter "Mercosur countries" without a visa! Is it right?

Thank you again.

Yes you can travel to all Mercosur countries. Will still need your passport but no visas required.

In this senário, if someone doesn't have Brazilian passport but having permanent residency then also they can visit mercosur countries ?

always travel with passport and ID card,
Borders are closed, No entry into AR or PY so need to try.

with Brazilian Permanent Residency, can we work inside "mercosur countries". Like for Brazilian citizen they can work.

No, not without proper work permits. Possibly will allow if you have Brasil Passport. Additionally, a Mercosur country can be expelled and/or leave the Mercosur trade agreement.
I would also be concerned as to maintaining your PR. There are many terms and conditions of a CRNM that most do not realize.
All said many do work in PY and AR and cross each day or each week. A big issue came about with the borders closed all non-BR passport holders, were deported. Many BR residents had businesses in AR and PY and could not cross.

, Hi texan hope you are well. Can you clear my doubts please i have receieved my RNM protocol based on marriage on 2019 november then i got my CRNM card on july 2020 it was segunda via de CRNM because PF lost my card thats why they requested second copy .. This is my situation so when i can apply citizenship ?

First parabens! Getting the RNM and having it replaced without a lot of work! You did well.
I would think the waiting period would begin when you were issued the initial RNM.
As to waiting for a period, I will defer to those that have been through the process of becoming a citizen. The following is what i had a few years ago and pre 2017, so not sure:

"After residing in Brazil continuously for 15 years, without any criminal record, foreigners may apply for Brazilian citizenship on that basis alone. However, this period can be reduced. If the foreigner holds a permanent residence for Brazil, has sufficient knowledge of the Portuguese language (in speaking, reading, and writing) and a job or sufficient funds to support himself and his family, the period can be cut down to 4 years.

This four-year period can be further reduced. If the resident has a Brazilian wife or child, he can apply for citizenship after one year. If he has certain professional, scientific, or artistic abilities, he is eligible for Brazilian citizenship after two years. Three years of permanent residence entitles foreigners for citizenship who own a property or business of a certain value."

Thank you for reply .. So you mean i can apply citizenship on this november ?

I will defer to others. You will need to prove the language test.

I already done portuguese language test

Mummy 11

As I noted in another thread, the residency period for naturalization starts on the issue date of your CRNM, not the date either of your arrival or your marriage.  As the spouse of a Brazilian citizen, you can begin the naturalization process when you have lived at least one year continuously in Brazil after that date.

Thanks abthree .

Hello brother and sister
Can anyone explain to me about the portuguese language test

arshadnskh wrote:

Hello brother and sister
Can anyone explain to me about the portuguese language test

The posts from 2020 in this thread should answer your questions about the CelpeBras, the Portuguese language exam required for naturalization:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=646806

For anyone interested in improving their written Portuguese, for the CelpBras or any other purpose, Folha de S. Paulo is offering a special deal on the new version of their Style Manual, with free shipping to SP, RJ, MG, and PR:

https://manualdaredacao.folha.com.br/?u … paign=EMKT