Hoping to 'make that move'........

Hello to all. Just joined in the hope of gathering as much info as possible. I'm really, really hoping to move there once I retire but feel a little unsure of it all as you can start to talk yourself out of things cant you? My main gripe now is the sad fact that I feel I may be a little too old to go. I will be 66 as that is now the age the government dictates I can retire on my government pension. Has anyone else retired over there at a later age? If so, how did it all go? I've looked and read up on quite a few things but would like to hear of your own experiences whilst setting up your new home in a new country. Thanking you.........Anna

Hi Anna,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

I wish you good luck in your search and wish you get lots of contacts here.

Christine

Hi Anna I am too a mature lady in full work I'm 64 retiring in July looking to relocate I would love to share ideas ***

REGARDS kay

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

@Loopylu

For security reasons, and especially for females, please do not post any contact details ere on the open forum. Use the message system for this.

I think there are many people retiring in Bulgaria. Especially from countris with colder climate and not so many sunny days.
Normally they are families but also singles. Often they tend to select a village and buy several properties there, formning a group of expats from a single country.

Probably this will be a working solutuin for you too.

Thankyou Kristiann

Hi Anna,  I left the UK and moved to Bulgaria in May 2018.  I have had no problems at all with anything.    Got my residence permit in record time, registered at the tax office and national health service and have been seen by a consultant at the hospital for a long term back problem.  I have also had extensive treatment by a dentist at less than half the cost in the UK.
I live in a village around 50km from Plovdiv and the weather today 5/11 was great about 24 degrees, much better than UK.   Prices for many things are still cheaper than the UK so pensions go further here. 
Oh, by the way I was 71 in July and drove my car from the UK to Bulgaria and I have no regrets.