New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bulgaria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bulgaria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, My name is Simon. I just joined the site as I am very interested in a move to Bulgaria. The main thing that I need help with is finding a job. I don't speak Bulgarian (yet) so it needs to be an English speaking role. I have experience in office work and pharmacy. Any help that I receive would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hi Everyone! We moved from South Africa to Poland a month ago. (My husband is Polish) We are seriously considering settling in Bułgaria, so I am excited to be part of this group and to learn as much as possible...  :D

Hi I'm Del, originally from Cardiff in the UK. Moved to Boyanovo via Turkey over 7 years ago now. Loving it and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Hi i am John, I have just joined the site today, but have been in Bulgaria now for 7 years. I do get lonley at times, and needing to find some new friends.

John

Hi all
Newbie here. We have travelled to Bulgaria a few times and done our research.
We are looking for a house outwith a city but within easy reach of civilisation.We intend to use our house to holiday then finally retire.
I am open all suggestions and advice from all expats and advice.
I am looking for information on a village near Elhovo called Seem?
Can't find anything.

Thanks Steven.

Hi Steven,
You are taking about living deep in Bulgaria, region with Muslim roots, besides that beautiful area.
Maybe could be better closer to bigger city like Plovdiv, hospital and facilities.
If you need other info check [link moderated][link moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : External website
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

G'Day

We've just bought a property up in the Vratsa region, and will be emigrating in June.
Hoping to do a green B and B for other Nomads who are looking at doing the move.
We'll be doing the full monty  on everything Bulgarian... Even enrolling the kids in school.
Pretty excited to say the least... This is our last international move I hope (Australia> Canada> Scotland)
Send us a message to say hiya 🌺

Welcome on board ScotNatAussie! Hope you will like it here!!!

Thanks so much mate :)
Much appreciated

Hiya
My name is Ann and I'm from Cornwall, UK. My husband and I are planning a permanent move to Bulgaria later this year. We have 2 dogs and so need somewhere with a huge garden
Looking to buy a property but can't decide where.
Any advice on the best climate would be welcome (the driest). We've seen enough rain in the UK lately!
We are thinking maybe South East?
Also, I can't seem to find any info on rental properties, only holiday rentals, which are really expensive. Any ideas?
Thanks all 😊

Hello Anniebee,

And welcome to Bulgaria forum.
Since you're looking for a dry climate, then you should definately consider South-East, South and South-West. This means towns like (starting from the Black sea) Elhovo, Nova Zagora, Jambol, Stara Zagora, Chirpan, Haskovo, Svilengrad, Harmanli, Liubimetz, Kardjali, Blagoevdrad, Gotze Delchev, Melnik, Kula and all surrounding villages.
Also the central part - Plovdiv, Pazardjik, Septemvri, Sadovo, Parvomai ...

Noth, North-East and even North-West has also dry areas, but not as much.

As for rental properties, probably you're not looking in to the right websites. What exactly is the rental property type that you need ?

Thanks kristiann

I am looking for somewhere cheap and rural to rent while we look around. Somewhere we can take the dogs and become like locals.  The only places I can find are holiday rentals, mostly apartments in complexes which are not only expensive but unsuitable 😞

"Normal" rental web sites I know are in Bulgarian (such as imoti.info).

The rental web sites are in Bulgarian, but you can use the Chrome or Mozila translation addon you well get basic information of houses, arias and prices.

To Annniebee303 question. You are searching in vacation area that's why most of the rental properties you'll find are vacation properties. In the web sites most of the cheap properties /small houses/ located in villages are not for rent but for sale. You can probably find a cheap house to rent but you'll need to visit some of the villages you are interested in. Try talk with the people living there, for sure someone will help you with information which properties are for sale and which can be rented. The problem is that most of these properties will be in no suitable living conditions, that's why the best way is to buy a cheap property and renovate it.

Thank you. Yes that makes sense

Hi everyone! I'm Faye and I'm new to this forum. I'll be spending this summer in Bulgaria, mainly in the Ruse area. I'm looking forward to exploring the country.

Hi everyone!  I'm still in the USA, but planning on moving to Bulgaria in 2020.  We want to homestead and build our own home.

Hey there!  I am thinking of a very similar plan.  My wife and I want to homestead and eventually bring it up to a B&B for, as you say, "nomads".  We will be moving in 2020 after I retire. 

How far along are you?  We are looking at pieces of land at the moment.  My father was in construction and I have some experience in building myself, but it's going to be a learning experience.  We want to build green, somewhat off grid.

Hey everyone, I'm Nick. My wife Jess and I are currently living in Thailand, I am an Australian citizen however Jess is British. We are currently looking to move to Bulgaria as while the UK passport still has some weight. I am believe that I as a non-eea spouse can join her as a resident... Looking for advice before we get there and maybe friends when we do.

Hi I am Julio Navarrete
Looking to make a small food industry in Bulgaria, preference to Varna city. Popcorn of inflated corn. Export all production to Switzerland.
Would like to have advise to establish the company.
best regards

Hey everyone, I'm 32 and i've been living in Varna for about 2.5 years, new to expat.com and looking to learn and share experiences.

I lived in Moscow for 10 years before this, my wife is Russian and daughter was born in Moscow. These days i run a few online businesses and live in Varna, very low stress and great weather!

We are Ian and Janice, currently living and working in  North Wales. We're viewing properties in the Veliko Tarnovo area when we visit Bulgaria at the end of this month. Our vision is to buy a rural property that requires updating, and have the work carried out before making a permanent move there. We'd like to establish a smallholding and live like the locals ☺

Hi

My wife and I spent years in health care, we hope to "retire" to Bulgaria, Burgas area looks great but don't know a great deal at this time, so any advice is welcome.

Dave

I am Julio, Swiss-Brazilian citizen looking to make a small popcorn factory in Bulgaria. Preferred Varna area. The production will be mainly exported to Switzerland. We want to make inflated corn popcorn, not traditional popcorn. If you have experience with food factories please get in contact.
Best regards
Julio Navarrete

Hello , my name is Javek, and I will be moving to Dobrich next month.I am interested in meeting new people away from my native Iceland.I love sea walks , photography and skinnydipping  occasionally.I am friendly , relaxed and helpful, nice to meet you all, please pm me:)

Hi,

Just joined this forum today, and it seems like a nice and friendly place, to get and share information.

My name is Hans Jákup and I come from the Faroe Islands.

I moved to Sliven about 3 years ago, from Belgium, with my Bulgarian partner.

I'm a sailor and she is a lawyer.

If you would like to grab a coffee or beer, please send me a PM.

I'm out of the country quite a lot, because of my work, but sometimes I'm home :-)

Best regards
Hans Jákup

Hey All!
Im moving from Germany to Varna Bulgaria on the 21st of June
I am self employed and have an online business.
Feel free to send me a PM, looking for some contacts there.
I still look for an apartment, maybe someone can share some contacts and experiences?

Best Regards
Jay

Anybody living in Plovdiv? I'm new here and would appreciate having a drink together. Also, will be happy to help newcomers!

Hi everyone: My name is Willem and I am from Cape Town, South Africa. My partner, Ingrid, and I are seriously considering moving to Bulgaria very soon - hopefully by September this year. I will be in Bulgaria for a conference as from 6 June to 15 June 2018. I am planning to also use this opportunity to search for property to buy (first to rent) and a car. All of this with the purpose of informing Ingrid first hand on my return to Cape Town. I will be in Seattle (USA) as from 17 July to 17 Aug. We are going to need a lot of advise on our move, so please bare with me  :joking:

Hi there - also South African, working in South Korea for the last 11 years, and I've recently bought a house in small village near Varna!

SA people, tough people, welkom :)

Hello People,
My name is Swarup, I am from India and planning to move to Sofia in July or August this year. Waiting for my Type D Visa. Just joined this forum and wanted to say hi to you all.

I would need some advice on the some of the good localities to live in Sofia. Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hi all, we have a business selling, servicing and repairing Dyson Vacuums in The Uk. We also have started to do them in Bulgaria. If we can be of interest to anyone please free to ask any questions

Hi I am Lorrie.

I am English and I'll be moving to Bulgaria by the end of the year. I have a property in mind (but of course it may be sold before I get the chance to buy.) The property is located in Peychinovo, RUSE. Is anyone nearby?

It would be great if anyone could answer my questions because questions, I do have!

I'll be going to Sofia to obtain my D visa as soon as I arrive in the country. I understand that I would need to renew this every 6 months for 5 years. Does anyone know if I need to renew this visa in Sofia or just the nearest municipality every 6 months? And I pay tax at the local municipality too - is this annual and quite trouble free?

Hello everyone,

I'm the head of a small law office. We are handling different issues, from citizenship registration to setting-up a business in Bulgaria, real estate advisory, etc.

If you have questions , please feel free to contact me.

Hi, my name is Bonnie. Visiting Bulgaria for a few weeks. My daughter is buying a property in a village outside of Ruse. Does anyone have recommendations for shopping in Ruse? Do any of the bigger stores here deliver? Mainly looking for furniture, beds, fridge, stove and small appliances. Also, bedding and linens. Thank you!

Hello Everybody
Been reading the forum as a non member for many months and have found so much useful information and advice about Bulgaria.
Thank you for making such an effort to share your experiences and knowledge with newbies like myself.
A little intro about myself and my partner, we sold up in the UK 18 months ago and have been travelling in UK and abroad for all that time so we are now ready to settle in Bulgaria.
We have been to Bulgaria on several occasions at different times of the year and in different areas on our search for a property that suits our needs.
We have fallen in love with most areas but decided that just outside VT is a good option for us, beautiful countryside, rural villages and VT about 30 minutes away.
Thank you in advance for future support and advice as I know I am going to need some.

BusterRoody

Hello to all,

My name is Izabela and I am from Poland . Recently a friend of mine convinced me to visit Bulgaria and to buy some property.

I am very excited with this idea and will be visiting Bulgaria next month in August and maybe with some luck I just might become a Bulgarian resident and start some small business online :).

I have no clue as where to start my search but I love mountains and feel good where there are pine trees so maybe somewhere near ski resorts or natural springs would be a good choice.

I would highly appreciate  your recommendations and advice.

Thank you ,

Hello Izabela Carolina and welcome on board!

I have a good news for you:

Bulgaria has mountains with pine trees!

and the catch is:

Bulgaria has MANY mountains and choosing will not be an easy task!!

:))

http://www.villastresov.com/images/ski-borovets5-480x320.jpg

Closed