Thinking of moving back!

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.  I was born and raised in Bulgaria but moved to Canada when I was still a child.  I can speak read and write but not at a level that someone of my age should be able to - nothing a couple of months in Bulgaria can not fix.

I'm considering moving back as I'm no longer liking the way of life here in Canada.  All work, just to pay bills.

The reason for this thread is to understand my chances of finding employment in Bulgaria with my qualifications.  I'm a Cisco Engineer with work experience in IBM, HP and other companies.  I also have a lot of working experience in different area's of IT (including Windows Servers, etc.)

I think my main shortfall will be that people will notice that I've not lived in Bulgaria in a long time.

Question: what would my chances of finding employment in Bulgaria?  Also, what would my expected earnings?

Please provide any information that you think can help me with this serious decision.

Danny Mihaylov

Hello Danny, I am also new in this forum.
I have a friend who has similar qualifications and works and lives in Sofia. I am Bulgarian and lived there all my life and left the country 7 years ago. I live and work in England but my friend is better off in Bulgaria with his IT job than most of my friends here in the UK but he does work for an English company and is based in Sofia. He is sometimes sent to other countries to fix faults so I think you have a great chance to have a lifestyle you seem to be looking for. Bulgaria is a fabulous place when you earn well - the weather is great, hot in the summer, snow in the winter, eating out and drinking is cheap....
I also want to go back and just looking to find a job for my English partner who does not speak any Bulgarian...
Good luck!

Danny stay in canada get a lower paid less stressfull job and downsize your house get a cheaper car enjoy your life instead of working hard for superficial things.
Its not where you are thats the problem its the way you are living there that is.

Hello Danny Mihaylov and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to post an advert in the section Jobs in Bulgaria. It may help.

Thanks and good luck.

Hi Danny,

I am Bulgarian from Varna and i'v spent the last 10 years in the Middle East working in advertising. I've made a career and lifestyle change to becoming a yoga instructor and now im back to my home town Varna.
Moving to Bulgaria will deffinately downsize your expenses but also significantly reduce your income (you cant have your cake and eat it:).
With your qualifications and experience you will probably get a well paid job, but most likely in Sofia where life is busy and loud.
There is no perfect place in the world, it depends what you are really after - carer, simple lifestyle, family, fun....?

Listen to your heart and good luck.
irina