Investment

i want to know what is the best investment who can do it and where  and how much money need it

The best is to invest in a small startup, and wait for the money to roll in 5 or 10 years later. however, there are risks involved. Good luck with that. Alternatively speak to an investment broker. Of course property is a good investment always but then you've told us nothing about yourself so who knows.

Hi Kitaka, if you're interested in investing or partnering with my company in the coal mining and hauling industry, perhaps we can meet to discuss over a cup of coffee in Jakarta. I have several sites and projects in Jakarta and Kalimantan in need of transporter units (dump trucks), with monthly revenue sharing. I'm always on the lookout for good business partners and contacts!

Hello, I'm Obby Purba, I'm a new member here. When we talk about investment in Indonesia you have to know commodities that have high consumption in Indonesia. Indonesia has 265 million people while many food commodities are imported from outside Indonesia where Indonesia has great potential as a food producer.

My company and I are engaged in animal husbandry and seafood where there are still many imported animal feed ingredients such as corn, soybeans, and fish meal. If anyone is interested, we can work together.

Obby Purba, PT. Surya Ampel International Industry

Leave it in the bank or give it me I'll invest it for you...........honest

There are plenty of investment opportunities but hunting at random is very likely to be bad business, either because the OP is unfamiliar with the business he gets into so messes up, or he just gets robbed blind by whichever conman sees what he believes might be a sucker advertising to give away money.

Gwmeath wrote:

Leave it in the bank or give it me I'll invest it for you...........honest

Assuming the OP is able to open a legal bank account, he can get 5.5% easily.
True, it's hardly the best investment option available as far as profit goes, but it's safe and steady - and involves no work.

There is a plethora of ways to confirm whether or not you're dealing with a legitimate business. Of course you should NEVER wire your money overseas or to strange people online, that's just common sense. Anyway, whenever you invest in anything and with anyone, you must always check in person, and preferably bring a lawyer with you who can go through the papers.

misscox wrote:

There is a plethora of ways to confirm whether or not you're dealing with a legitimate business. Of course you should NEVER wire your money overseas or to strange people online, that's just common sense. Anyway, whenever you invest in anything and with anyone, you must always check in person, and preferably bring a lawyer with you who can go through the papers.

Absolutely true, and that means entering Indonesia on the correct visa - The OP should get that information before considering investing any money in this country.

Hello Kitaka2, do you come from Algeria? Many investor from Indonesia invest in Algeria like Indorama invest in phospat factory with total investment USD 4.5 Bio.

in 2017 we discussed investment in tuna processing with foreign investors from China. But investors from China want them to be able to enter fishing boats where fishing investments are at some point prohibited by foreign investors.

in our country (Indonesia), not all are open to foreign investor, especially concerning the livelihood of local people, so that if foreign investors want to invest in Indonesia they must really know Indonesia, this is where many foreign investors fail because they are not familiar with their business in Indonesia.

Now I am thinking about how to produce poultry feed with raw materials that are not dependent on imports from outside Indonesia, such as replacing corn with sorghum and replacing fish meal with BSF maggot flour. Many spots in each industry are actually foreign investors can enter to meet the needs in Indonesia, but as I said before, you must first know the business you are going to enter. One of case, why Indonesia imports corn? because Indonesia has a problem in drying which causes problems with fungus on corn. Or why Indonesia imports salt where Indonesia is one of the largest archipelagic countries, again the problem is in the method or technology of processing the commodity

As with any potential investment - check out the web sites, and the web presence of any and all possible companies.
I notice one suggesting what will amount to a lot of cash, but hardly a word about them on the internet - anywhere.
Is it a possible scam? Absolutely no idea, but I can hardly verify their claimed company even exists.

That's true Fred. I find though, in Indonesia at least, web presence is not always reliable. One can easily create convincing web presence if one is savvy enough with technology. . Also there are a lot of PTs and CVs in Indonesia that are not quite up to date with the internet. This is because in certain industries, if a PT has been around long enough, they no longer need the internet to advertise their services as they have enough customers on a mouth-to-mouth basis. The only way to truly be able to tell if a company and its business is legitimate or not, is by visiting in person, not only for one day but over the course of a few weeks at least. One could and should also ask to see cashflow report, past invoices and work agreements with other companies, etc before deciding to invest. This would let you know that the business is indeed in operation and not only set up to operate on that day alone.

In indonesia to approve 100percent foreign investment,most company register import and export activity to do in indonesia,registration cost 30-40 million rupiah,if you will do in oss more cheaper,just complete all necesary documents for company registration in order for your company to have all the requirements for kitas sponsorship in future.who can do?pm me if you need help.cheers!

In my 20+ years of 24/7 full time living in Bali, I've come to know a whole slew of expats.  They ebb and flow here like the tide, and the average last five years or less.   

The singular warp thread that is woven into each of the expats who have survived as long, or longer than me is the same:  Invest only in that which you can keep total control.   ;)

Registering company in Indonesia

1.first prepare 2 passport copy,if it is 100percent foreign investment (must not be listed on negative investment)
2.prepare at least 3 names for your company
3.do article of incorporation (akta,SK)
4.get other requirements like inzun isaha,domisili,npwp,import license etc.

cheers,
rick

Ubudian wrote:

Invest only in that which you can keep total control.   ;)

Yes.

thank you very much for the valuable advice, I still have a question about it, the expats you are talking about as well as you, crosses in a common point to have fallen in the same result
Are the laws that protect the property of foreigners from obtaining a life
is it the region or a specific type of investment that should be avoided in case I do not know the country yet, I intend to set foot there for the first time according to you it will be a stupidity to 'invest in a case like this

With little idea of the country, no serious plans as to the type of investment you're looking for, and no clue what sort of scams and dodgy deals are going on in Indonesia, I wouldn't say "Stupid", more "Unwise".

If you're serious, you need:
To be aware of what investment money you're willing to risk
You absolutely need to know the business in question
You need to know the people
You need to know the local laws

@ Kitaka2:

If your profile details are correct you are still living in Algiers. In that situation without knowing anything about Indonesia or being married to an Indonesian or even having a job here and a long term visa, you could not even open a bank account let alone safely invest in anything.

The only "safe" investment is in an FD account in a major bank here where the interest you'd earn is mentioned by another poster above, and only if the investment is considerable. But for this you'd need a long term residency visa otherwise you cannot even open a bank account.

The alternative is to invest in other countries where the "regulations" are lest strict. But I am guessing that you have a particular reason or person here in Indonesia for you to have considered investing here? This would also change your situation.

As for investing in a business, I would suggest skipping that idea unless you have the required capital to start your own business. In this case, more background information should be given to us as we are all making suggestions based on the very limited information that you have provided.

Cheers.

first, I plan to travel to Jakarta to understand the country's regulation of foreign investors and consider getting a local lawyer for a prudent investment course
I have proposals from people in the business community is the reason that pushes me to know the situation closely.
I do not know why you advised against partnering with a company that already exists

thanks

kitaka2 wrote:

I do not know why you advised against partnering with a company that already exists

I advise knowing the company first.
What someone claims might not be reality.

The reason companies that want or need investors is simple “ they want your money” at zero interest and limited liability, not like the banks

But this can be for unlimited reasons
But for sure the last reason they want your money is for you to make a profit from that company they have started even with your money tied in

Secondly I would ask myself why are they looking for an overseas investor and not closer to home, many many wealthy business people in Indonesia and very successful also
That's just my thought on it

With lawyers, that is the place you really need to do your homework as they are the first people who will be taking money from you

First port of call would be your Embassay website for affiliated lawyers the UK Embassay has a selection of Indonesian lawyers also, but I would still take caution, and for such a requirement this will cost you many thousands of US$ (equivalent) in the first few hours

Good luck with it all

^
Yes