Question regarding 13a urgent help.

Can a foreigner holding a 13a Temporary resident visa by marriage undertake education in the philippines such as a college degree or a higher course? I mean i know you can work without a working permit with a 13a TRV, but can you study too?

Hi,

I would think it is allowed. Can't see why it shouldn't be. On 13 A visa you live here permanently so why should there be a problem with studying as long as you meet the minimum requirements and pay your tuition fees?

However, to be 100% sure I recommend you to call the Department of Education and ask. (http://www.deped.gov.ph/contact-us/directory/)

Truco2 wrote:

Can a foreigner holding a 13a Temporary resident visa by marriage undertake education in the philippines such as a college degree or a higher course? I mean i know you can work without a working permit with a 13a TRV, but can you study too?

Most certainly yes. You could walk up to any college and register. As said it is a long term visa that grants your a bit more privileges than being on the tourist. I got in the country as a tourist and applied for a college degree in one of the universities in the north and the school helped me in changing my tourist visa to student visa, which was renewed every 6 months. So i see no problem with someone who is already given a long term visa and the capability to work having problems in enrolling to a college.

Am very sure you are wondering if your 13a visa will be changed to a student visa. The answer is no. With your 13a am pretty sure you wouldn't need a student visa to study.