Gallon of Super Gas (92 Octane) is now $2.98

This has received a tremendous amount of press and as of today the price of 1 gallon of súper gas is officially $2.98. Before the increase, it was selling between $2.10 - $2.32/ gallon.

The increase is result of lifting of subsidies for this particular octane of gasoline. It was a necessary move considering the state spends upwards of 3 billion dollars annually on fuel subsides.

People who are primarily impacted by the increase are owners of pricier vehicles. 

Source

They shouldnt feel too bad...Were paying $3.50 approx for Super here in Panama.......So is regular continuing to be subsidized at $1.48?

dumluk wrote:

They shouldnt feel too bad...Were paying $3.50 approx for Super here in Panama.......So is regular continuing to be subsidized at $1.48?

Yes, and I hope it continues to be subsidized because if that subsidy is lifted then the price of everything will increase.

Argentina, Venezuela, Turkey, India. ....watch the dominoes fall in what seems to be WW3, the money war. Better that than bullets, but watch out, and be prepared. Ecuador is not technically an emerging nation, uses the dollar as currency,and is still richly rooted in agriculture, which is why we chose to live here 13 years ago, but we see the signs of severe credit shortage, high interest, and more pressure on the middle class.  The poor have always been poor, and the rich have always been rich. The middle class is only a creation of consumption, and can be consumed overnight. It would be wise to prepare for the ax to fall economically. I have.

A few weeks ago there was an article titled something like - without subsides and without duty (on cars). So, I think there is hope it's heading that way. I think it's just a matter of getting trades deals completed.

Alright, just an update on how the pricing mechanism works regarding Super (92 octane) gasoline per gallon. EP Petroecuador establishes a suggested price for gas stations to follow. This suggested price also informs the public what a the cost should be per gallon. Gas stations then determine the cost, some sell at or near the suggested price but some more than that. For instance, the suggested price was $2.68 per gallon for February 2019, but some gas stations were selling a gallon for $2.79.

For March 2019, the suggested price is $2.55, so clearly the price of gasoline is going down.

I like pricing recommendation because as a consumer I know what gas stations should be charging.    :top: