Car Registration

Hi Folks

Apologies for this message but I did read through forums

I am relocating to Malta on Sept 24th with my job. I own my car less than 2 years therefor know I will have to pay a registration tax. My question is do you need an e-id card to register your car? If that's the case, I heard that process can be quite long and now I don't know whether I should delay the car shipping. Or can you register without it?

I read below on a forum however not sure if this is true or not

'if you are planning on paying the registration tax then you can just go to Transport Malta any time within 30 days and register the car even before you have applied for residency'

Many Thanks

Forgot to mention, I am moving from Ireland

When you apply for your residence card you will receive a copy of your card with a photo on and all the appropriate details so this may be sufficient.
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your move.

Thank you for the response.

Do you mean that once I go into the office to apply for the card, you get a slip while you are waiting for the physical card to be complete? And this may be sufficient?

Many Thanks

I don't know for sure with regards to the car but I know it's accepted with other uses you may need it for, hopefully someone on here may know.

I bought, insured and taxed my car with an E-residence receipt. It should be good for anything as it quite clearly states that you have successfully completed the application process and are just awaiting your card. However, this is Malta so there will always be someone who doesn't understand the process.