Cheaper to purchase in the UK & import to Malta or buy here in Malta

Is it cheaper to purchase a car in the UK & impart to Malta or buy here?  I don't know.  There is a scrapple scheme here which is not spelt out so someone would understand, we have an old car but can't find out how this works - would like to buy a new one, but again what are the prices here compared to the UK so is it worth importing?  The only thing is if you buy here the warranty is here for the vehicle.  Has anyone imported a vehicle (I know antique vehicles are usually allowed) - but basically is it cheaper to buy in the UK & import a new vehicle or buy a new vehicle here?

CANCERSURVIVOR wrote:

Is it cheaper to purchase a car in the UK & impart to Malta or buy here?  I don't know.  There is a scrapple scheme here which is not spelt out so someone would understand, we have an old car but can't find out how this works - would like to buy a new one, but again what are the prices here compared to the UK so is it worth importing?  The only thing is if you buy here the warranty is here for the vehicle.  Has anyone imported a vehicle (I know antique vehicles are usually allowed) - but basically is it cheaper to buy in the UK & import a new vehicle or buy a new vehicle here?

This subject has been covered many times on here look using search, good luck.

CANCERSURVIVOR wrote:

The vast majority of cars in Malta come from Japan. If you want to import a reliable car you can do so by importing it directly from Japan or ask one of the many import dealers to do it on your behalf. When it comes to buying cars in the UK you have to look for bargains in order to beat prices in Malta. If you like German or French cars you may find some reasonable priced cars in the UK. Just make sure you get a good repair  service over here.  If you prefer a Japanese car you better buy it from Japan. Several people informed me the annual license fee for a car from Japan is less than the fee for the same car being imported from the UK.