Residency permit for wife

I am the wife of thirty five years, living here in Istanbul for over six years. I am retired. Husband works. Husband received residency permit, I had to apply for mine. Had all documents ready, translated. One officer did not except  the marriage license--the boss  is away " we can not stamp it."--
had to go to another place miles away.

Finally we got appointment with the police station. Extra papers not mentioned in application forms, two photos for husband ,  no explanation as why they need this? - as they have his work and residency permit with the photos.    Ok , done right in the building.  Then go to a miles away Tax office and pay the fees in US dollars, 1, 200. Now we wait and hope I get my permit in the next few months.

By the way, this one is my third application for the permit, so I am in the system already.
Could not we just pay and renew the licence???  Would make the officers life easier and less stress for us too!!!!

Rules are rules, I guess!

The rules are ever changing. Even the immigration officers themselves have a tough time, but the system on which they file is up to date (the website is not).

No matter what your story is, or how well you may be connected, they have to enter the information in the system and if they grant any leniency or favors, the consequences for them can be ugly. So just bear with the repeated visits and provide the documents they need EXACTLY as requested.

The new rules in April now require physically being present, in the event they want to cancel, they would have canceled on the spot, else, they want to be able to filter people who obtained short-term residency permits and ended up working illegally on it. Now the short term permits are VERy restricted to 3 to 6 months only.

Thank you!!!! Like I said, rules are rules!