Holidays in singapore

hello everyone
i am  meelee from mauritius.
i will be visiting singapore along with my husband and two kids aged below 10 years. i would be there on 06 september 2018 and will travel to malaysia on 10 september 2018.
i would appreciate if i could get some advice on the following:
(1) any cheap accomodation appropriate for my family in singapore (contact number etc)
(2) what are the options of travel from singapore to malaysia
thank u
regards
meelee

The only accommodation you can find for your family is hotel as AirBnB is banned here and no house rent is given to visitors (legally), and selective service apartments are available which is costlier. Hostel dormitory is available only those are visiting alone. Or else if you know anyone who can allow your family stay in their house.

You can check agooda or booking.com where you can get from 1 star to 5 stars hotels, so you can book in advance (as immigration officer will ask your outbound tickets (you have already tickets to Malaysia) and accommodation details in Singapore).

From Singapore to Malaysia (depends on the location) you can travel by bus or book one way car rental where driver will drive to your destination or by air.

Happy and safe journey in advance.

Note: Here only Singapore dollar (SGD) is accepted. So, if you carry any other currencies then have to exchange to SGD once you are landed here. All international credit cards are accepted here.

hello
thank u for ur reply
(1) is there any fixed price for taxi travel from singapore to malaysia? if yes, around how much can i expect to pay?
(2) how many hours does it take to travel from singapore to malaysia by taxi?
(3) it is true that  on  booking. com, there are a lot of accomodation, but truely speaking, i dont want to have some bad surprise once arrived there.  i shall be very grateful if i can have the name of an accomodation which u find suitable, and then i can inquire directly there for more info pls
this would help me a lot
regards
Meelee

See my reply below:

(1) is there any fixed price for taxi travel from singapore to malaysia? if yes, around how much can i expect to pay?

You need to book a rental car. Malaysia is a big country and depends on where are you traveling. Secondly, it has many islands and not all have connectivity via road. Sleeping coaches (Buses) are available at cheaper rate or air tickets are too at reasonable prices. You can select the option, depends on your destination.

(2) how many hours does it take to travel from singapore to malaysia by taxi?

Again, without knowing any head and tail of your visiting place, I can't tell. Moreover you can check through online (just Google, you will get plenty of information).

(3) it is true that  on  booking. com, there are a lot of accomodation, but truely speaking, i dont want to have some bad surprise once arrived there.  i shall be very grateful if i can have the name of an accomodation which u find suitable, and then i can inquire directly there for more info pls

You won't get any surprises here as everything you need to pay upfront and if there is any deposit required then it must have mentioned while you book. Singapore is a city based country and you can stay anywhere in the city which has excellent transport facility to reach other part of the city within an hour or so. Try to book hotels near by Bugis, Clark Quay, Somerset, China Town, Little India or Orchard Road which are almost central part of the city.

1. Taxis cost by meter (price based on distance). You'll have to change taxi at the border, as Singapore taxis are not allowed into Malaysia and vice versa.
2. It can be 10min (from Wodlands to downtown Johore, if there is no jam) or 10 hours (downtown Singapore to Northern Malaysia).
3. Hotel standards in Singapore are quite reasonable and location doesn't matter due to short distances and excellent public transport, so if you avoid the cheapest category (below S$120/night for a double room) you should be fine.