URGENT-Searching for good residential apartment for rent in SINGAPORE

I will be relocating to Singapore in next month. I am in the process of searching for apartment for rent. I am looking for 1-bed room apartment (for two people, me and my wife). My work location is Raffles place.
Could you please help me to find out the 1-bed room apartment in good residential area (I can spend around 1500-2000 SGD where I can travel for 30 to 45 mins to work location from home stay. I have searched Google to find this info, but could not get right direction.
Your help would me more appreciated in this regard.
Also could you please suggest me with some good residential areas .

Hi whats the work situation in Singapore?.  Was born there thinking of going home
any advice would be helpful
Doc

Hi, I think you can get an apartment easily over there in Singapore. But near Raffles place am not pretty sure. Why because am new here and living near Ang Mo Kio.:)

ramnreddy wrote:

I will be relocating to Singapore in next month. I am in the process of searching for apartment for rent. I am looking for 1-bed room apartment (for two people, me and my wife). My work location is Raffles place.
Could you please help me to find out the 1-bed room apartment in good residential area (I can spend around 1500-2000 SGD where I can travel for 30 to 45 mins to work location from home stay. I have searched Google to find this info, but could not get right direction.
Your help would me more appreciated in this regard.
Also could you please suggest me with some good residential areas .

hey remnreddy, check out rentals.hse.sg for apt rentals. msg me if ya need help.

Suggestion would be to take a serviced apartment for the first few weeks....

Then look for a condo to your liking. If you find one before arriving and sign for the usual 2 year lease, you might not like it or where it is located.

There are many vacant apartments in Singapore and many more coming on the market as there are many expats leaving due to the job losses in the financial (and other) area's.

Rentals are also falling.

So it is a good time to look for an apartment to your liking and standard!

We live in a three bedroom apartment in a private condo on the west coast (35 mins by train to the city area) and we pay $3500 PM..... LL wants it to increase to $4000 come this February but we are waiting to see how the prices will drop... hoping he may leave it at $3500!!

But do look around before signing the lease and read that lease very carefully..... many people get caught with shoddy agents.

Good luck, you will enjoy your life here I am sure.

Its been a week I have moved to Singapore. While I was searching for HDB I came across apartment rentals which are available at People's Park Complex in Raffles Place. Do let me know if you need any further help.

Hi! Check out the Singapore classifieds > accommodation section. Good luck.

One room apartments are very rare and therefore expensive in Singapore.
In the price range you mentioned, the only places available are HDB (means governmental housing) flats. They are not Western standard, but o.k. in my opinion. They are also not in the city centre or near your work, but with Singapore's efficient transport system this might not matter much.
Condos (i.e. Western standard private apartments) start at S$2500-3000 for smaller units, and one room or studio apartments are also in that range.
One last advice: Avoid the ubiquitous property agents if you can. They rarely offer a service worth their fee, and the better deals are only available without them!

Good luck,
    Frank