Meetups in Metro Manila?

Hi! I've recently moved here and am looking to connect with new friends and other expats. Any suggestions of places to go or are meet ups being held?

Thank you,
Diana

Those are a good start:
. Internations.org is a good start.
. Meetup.com

hi, i am in Bohol not in Manila for meet up, but some time i visit Manila

Oh, I see. What are you doing in Bohol (job ...)?

no job for now but i am planing to have somee business in future, and you what do you do in Manila

What business?

I work in a BPO for the German marketplace of Amazon. Now planning to open a laundry shop with my wife.

Laundry is good business in Manila.

Hi Richard, Are you running one by any chance?

Thank you for those sites, I'll check them out!

I'm also working for a BPO company in Alabang. Just awaiting the start date.

What BPO? You speak a language that is needed?

Haha yes, English. I'm basically a native. I was born here in the Phillipines but left when I was 4 to the states. I've moved back a little over a month ago so my English is top notch  ;)

I am working for Convergys.

Ah ok, that explains it. I thought you were, like me, a foreigner.

mikaelarhelger wrote:

What business?

I work in a BPO for the German marketplace of Amazon. Now planning to open a laundry shop with my wife.

Hello Mikael

just inquiring, how come some companys are offering Call center & BPO services in Portuguese from Phils ?
Where do pinoys&pinays learn Portuguese?

Anyone ?

Good morning all, arrived here from the UK couple of weeks ago with my Filipina wife. Purchased Condo Uptown BGC just over the road from Uptown Mall BGC. Have retired here and applied for my 13A non immigrant visa as I am now retired.
Do enjoy a social beer and would like to know any local expats bars in BGC area I could visit and make new friends . Have visited Texas Road House and Chicken Wings Bars Uptown Mall. Best Regards Kevin.

Hi Kevin, I am currious; Why did you not apply for retirement visa? Just asking. It seems (so I am told but not sure) the best visa for retirees even though married to a Filipina (which I am). Btw, I am holding 13A (permanent now).

Maybe check Amazon who are now hiring starting August 13th Conrad Hotel in Pasay. See attached link:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ms3hnr.jpg

Amazon is hiring in Ph

Remarks: If you cannot see the image, try Incognito in browser.

Hi Kevin n wife,

I'm in BGC, pls ring me for a meet up
0927 647 2211... Lis 🌺