Any weekend travellers?

Hi.
I love to travel but I haven't done any since March.  I want to revive the traveler in me.  There are still a few areas in the Philippines that I haven't been to and I'd like to explore them.

I'm talking about budget trips, usually overnight or whole day affairs.

The problem is I can only travel on weekends/holidays as I'm kinda workaholic too.  There are travel groups out there and I'd like to join but most participants are couples or group of friends so I might just end up alone. So I'm wondering if there's any solo traveler out there who's thinking of making their weekends more exciting.  Or anyone who is already doing this, maybe I can tag along. Hehe

The meet-up threads don't get that much responses so this topic might just end up in the archives.  I bet people are very busy but I'd like to try anyway.

No hook-ups or indecent activities please :)
Just plain livin' la vida loca
Let me know :)

me too , i can join if you have any plan by next week onwards

Nice way to start, Markenji! Just know the people you are traveling with first before you do so to be safer. I think it would be nice to go meet-ups first. I know Resuri-ann would like to try what you are attempting and she knows a lot of people here and yes a female. Maybe or rather I think you two should talk about it and set it up. I think she is looking for someone to travel with as I remembered. Have a future safe trip with a close friend or a family member then! :D

Bri-yen wrote:

Nice way to start, Markenji! Just know the people you are traveling with first before you do so to be safer. I think it would be nice to go meet-ups first. I know Resuri-ann would like to try what you are attempting and she knows a lot of people here and yes a female. Maybe or rather I think you two should talk about it and set it up. I think she is looking for someone to travel with as I remembered. Have a future safe trip with a close friend or a family member then! :D

Hahahaha!!! Youre right bri, i really would love to join this! :)
I am up for the weekend trip as long as its planned in advance hehe coz mostly i spend weekends with family or some other activity. What places do you have in mind markenji? :) i saw this pinatubo adventure day trip and pagsanjan i would love to try but i need a buddy as the cost of it is not solo traveler friendly. Hehehe

Im thinking of pinatubo as well! There"s a group tour we can join for 2500 per head which covers round trip transfers and all fees. is that within your budget? If u have seen any cheaper rates let me know. I think their next trip is on nov 17.

Trek to the Crater of Mount Pinatubo

ITINERARY
Assembly time at 02:30 AM
Arrival in Capas, Tourism Office
4 x 4 ride to jump off point
Start of 2.5 hours trek
Arrival at the crater
Free time.
Travel back to the jump off point (2.5 hours trek)
4 x 4 ride back to Tourism Office
Wash up
Travel back to Manila
Side trip to Capas Shrine (if time permits)
ETA Manila at 08:00PMINCLUSIONS
* Roundtrip transfers
* 4×4 Vehicle to hiking trail
* Local Guide
* Conservation Fee
* Usage of Shower Area
* Sidetrip to Capas Shrine (if time permits)

I actually saw a deal priced at 999php ill check later which website i saw it. Problem with that though is we need more people like 3 more i guess? :) but its Perfect for day tours as i am workaholic as well hahahah

Then that's a better deal. let me know when u remember which site.
Anyone else who'd like to join our Mt. Pinatubo adventure?

Hi Guys... i think this is Ms. Resuri Ann been referring to...

http://www.metrodeal.com/deals/Metro_Ma … /753802735

you can check if this is much cheaper...

Goodluck!

versan wrote:

Hi Guys... i think this is Ms. Resuri Ann been referring to...

http://www.metrodeal.com/deals/Metro_Ma … /753802735

you can check if this is much cheaper...

Goodluck!

Thanks for researching! Hahaha are you into deals as well versan? :) thats exactly what i saw though i was confused which deal website i saw it. Hehe anyways, i'll have to check also if this is really discounted. I always would like to know first if I'm really getting a discounted rate here hehe.

I checked the fine print of this deal. technically it's 1699 per head including round trip transfers mla-pinatubo-manila.
If we can find additional participants then thiis is good -i'm just a little skeptic about online deals and the merchants hehe.

Sound interesting, not sure if I can join the journey.Hopefully other expats may show their enthusiasm for ur travel plan " Mt. Pinatubo adventure".

yeah that sounds good, been here 3 years and ive only ever been to borocay and subic, i wuld like to see more :)

Count me in! Also as I know there are 2 routes to Pinatubo, one with a shorter hike and another with a longer one. Do check which one they'll be using (though I prefer the one with the longer route).

A Pinatubo deal again. haha Is this cheaper or what? Im not really sure :)http://www.cashcashpinoy.com/#!/4-vacat … llday-trip

Here's a detailed itinerary:

Assembly will be at the corner of Ortigas Jr. (former Emerald Ave) and Ortigas Ave inside Mcdonalds.

01:30AM  -  Assembly  Corner Ortigas ave and Ortigas Jr. (former Emerald Ave.) Ortigas Center, Pasig – Look for the Shell station and Mcdonalds. Just wait inside Mcdonalds.

02:00AM  -  Departure to Capas, Tarlac

05:30AM  -  ETA Tourism Office; registration;

06:00AM  -  4 x 4 Ride

07:30AM  -  Jump off point; Start of Trek

10:30AM  -   ETA crater; free-time, swim, explore Lunch

02:00PM  -  Descent

03:00PM  -  ETA jump off point; 4 x 4 ride back to Tourism Office

04:00PM  -  ETA Tourism Office; wash-up

05:30PM -   ETD to Manila

07:30PM -   Arrival to Manila

*** Arrival time in manila may vary, but the latest would be 08:00pm

That's a great idea... When is it?

:D

On the 24th of November :) Markenji is posting the details soon ;)

Is it an overnight trip or a day tour?

markenji wrote:

I checked the fine print of this deal. technically it's 1699 per head including round trip transfers mla-pinatubo-manila.
If we can find additional participants then thiis is good -i'm just a little skeptic about online deals and the merchants hehe.

Online deals ae actually good and legit. I've had a couple of successful deals with them :D

Tour details are posted here:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 095#936030

Let us know if you'd like to join by updating the thread posted above.
Thanks!

im interested to join.. :D

@ ratheesh, are you sure can join? If yes please confirm in the other thread as we need to finalize the headcount.

@resuri_ann, looks like it's just us. do we still push through? I'm still in! Besides we might be joining other groups too right?

Yes! I am sure too! I have a friend from the office who likes to join, she's a traveller too, im pretty sure we'll get along well! :) and yes were joining some group tour hehehe

Great. Let's just until tonight before we finalize the registration. then let's deposit tom or on Tuesday.

Hi girls I have just joined and moved to Manila if you do any other day trips or weekend trips in the future I would love to come. I will put a photo up soon as well.

Belinda

sure we will let you know. we pushed through with the pinatubo tour last week. we'll plan something soon. right resuri? ;)

you may view our pinatubo trip's photos here.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 172&type=3

Photos look great. I wish I had seen this post two weeks ago. What tour group did you go through?

it's TriPinas. they have a blogpost acct. you can google them. they multiple tours happening every weekend. id like to try pagsanjan falls next time. wanna join?

That looks good if we could get a big group it would be cheap. Maybe in January.

I forgot about this :-( i should have joined...will do next time on your next trip

markenji wrote:

it's TriPinas. they have a blogpost acct. you can google them. they multiple tours happening every weekend. id like to try pagsanjan falls next time. wanna join?

me too!! wanted to try rafting in Pagsanjan. hahahaha :D I hope you guys can join in the future! last time (PINATUBO TRIP) was really fun!! :D

let's schedule pagsanjan now. excited much!

Count me in, :D

As long as it is week ends and planned 1 week ahead..

Resuri_Ann wrote:
markenji wrote:

me too!! wanted to try rafting in Pagsanjan. hahahaha :D I hope you guys can join in the future! last time (PINATUBO TRIP) was really fun!! :D

Update: me and my friend are planning to go Pagsanjan next!

@Markenji you might wanna come again! Let me know!! Pao is coming too if you remember her. hehe Its on the 19th of January :)

Others who are interested let me know! I am awaiting the itinerary from my friend. Note that this is a free day tour (not travel agency booked) we'll take public transpo.

Pls. let me know the budget, time of arrival and no. of days in this tour..I hope it will match in my plans.. :D

Resuri_Ann wrote:

Update: me and my friend are planning to go Pagsanjan next!

@Markenji you might wanna come again! Let me know!! Pao is coming too if you remember her. hehe Its on the 19th of January :)

Others who are interested let me know! I am awaiting the itinerary from my friend. Note that this is a free day tour (not travel agency booked) we'll take public transpo.

I am interested as well, please pass on details.

Hello guys heres the itinerary. Hope you guys can join!! :D

Where: Pagsanjan falls + Paete   
When:  January 19, 2013

Time    Activity
9:00 – 9:30 AM    Assembly time in Buendia Jam transit bus
9:30 AM    Leave for Laguna
11:00 AM    ETA
11:00 – 11:30 AM    Registration etc
11:30 – 1:30 PM    Pagsanjan falls (shooting the rapid)
1:30 – 2:00 PM    Visit the caves in Pagsanjan
2:00 – 3:00 PM    Late lunch
3:00 – 3:30 PM    Go to Paete
3:30 – 5:00 PM    Explore Paete
5:00 PM    Leave Paete
7:00 PM    ETA Manila

Budget:
Transpo -  420 (Bus + Jeep)
Food:  100 – 200
Boat ride: 500 – 700 (depends on how we haggle)

^^this was made by my friend  :D I am still in the process of reviewing the details and researching more about it. hehehe :D

will be in tuguegarao and Palaui on Jan. 29.... Feb 3 na ang uwi...

Hello Everyone - am a newbie to the forum but very pleased to have found this outlet. Like to join 1/19 Pagsanjan if there's room. Not familiar with the bus depot.

Guys I sent a pm to you! :) I really hope you can join us. The more people, the more fun! :)

Hi I have been here since last April and living in Manila as a retired expat from Malaysia. I have been on a 4 day visit to Baguio once last year and would like to join genuine expat travellers to see and learn more about the Philippines. I am open to suggestions. Many thanks.
Michael