Record Murder Rates in Mexico in First Half of 2018

Record Murders Plague Mexico in the First Half of 2018: The Figures Are Horrible-horrible]Record Murders Plague Mexico in the First Half of 2018: "The Figures Are Horrible"[/url]

The murder rates in Chicago, Baltimore, and other U.S. cities are probably worse than Mexico's.

I would like thoughts from expats on the stats set forth in this article and has anyone considered moving back to the U.S. or Canada in light of the violence, or reconsidered not moving at all to Mexico?

Thanks very much.

Hello.
I've lived in San Francisco, San Jose and Dallas. So there have always been more murders in my orbit than would be ideal. I don't engage in risky behavior like drug dealings, I go to dangerous neighborhoods only when absolutely necessary and I refrain from traveling Mexican highways in the dark.  Posture wise, I make an effort to carry myself confidently and alertly.  So between prudent behavior, being an optimist and a dollop of burying my head in the sand, I have no desire nor plans to leave San Miguel de Allende.  When my number's up, it doesn't really matter where I'm living.

Thank you, LeslieSMDA, for your candid insight. It is really appreciated.