Moving to Vancouver When, Where, How

Me and my husband are moving soon to Vancouver. We are waiting for the Visa.
We were there last year on honeymoon and we just followed in love with Vancouver.
Now we need every possible information:
- we would like to do an intensive english course. Wich is the best school in Vancouver?
- Where can we rent a house or a small flat? Can we rent it before we came to Vancouver or is it better to see the house?
- Is it difficult to find a job? I am a managing assitant and my husband is a mechanical engeneer.
- Wich is the best season or month to move to Vancouver?
- How is the public transport service? We must buy a car?
Thanks a lot!
Elisa

Welcome on Expat.com Elisa :)

If you want to buy or rent a small flat, put an ad on Craig's List, or in local newspapers.

Is it hard to find a job in Vancouver? YES, YES, YES.

The best season to move to Vancouver is our rainy season which is all year long.

Public transportation is good but it depends WHERE you live. Too many people have cars and traffic congestion is a problem.

You should rent a place at first. Then spend a month here to see how the job search goes. It's not easy. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS A RECESSION GOING ON?

Then, to get your legal paperwork so you can work legally will take a VERY long time.

floodedsky are you serious that there is a recession going on in BC?

Hi!

The public transports in Vancouver are great, you can buy a monthly card for $80, so you really don't need a car, except if you're planning on visiting other areas like the Okanagan Valley or the Canadian Rockies.

Don't rent a house before visiting it, wait until you've chosen a neighbourhood!

Here is an interesting article about ESL schools in Vancouver, as well as some information about how to rent a place: 2vancouver.com/en/categories/study/learn-a-foreign-language/esl-schools

Have a nice stay in Vancouver!

Thank you Jessica!