New in Vancouver, looking for friends

Hi, all! :)
I'm Evelyn, I'm from Rio, Brazil. I'm 25 and I moved to Vancouver 3 months ago to get my M.Sc., but I don't know a lot of people yet. So I'm just looking for people to hang out, get to know the city, have a few beers, that sort of stuff... Wanna meet new people and make connections! :)

[Moderated: Off topic post.]

http://www.earlylearninghq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Welcome-banner.jpg

Olá Evelyn,

Boa noite! First of all on behalf of everybody here at Expat-blog, welcome on board. We hope that your participation here will be both enjoyable and informative.

I am a Canadian who has been living in Brazil for 13 years now. Before that I lived in Vancouver and when I was learning Portuguese I entered into Vancouver's Brazilian community and became very popular there. If you are missing people from home then I suggest that you try contacting the Vancouver Brazilian Community Assoc. you can find out more about them on their Facebook page:

https://pt-br.facebook.com/bca.vancouver

If you are "crente" there is a Congregação Cristã do Brasil church located at 101- 3845 East Hasting Street Burnaby, BC V5C 2H7. Their telephone number is (604) 291 2556. They have a Sunday service at 6:30 pm and Thursday service at 7:30 pm. Services are in English, but I'm sure you'll find some Brazilians there.

While I was living in Vancouver I knew that a lot of Brazilians also attended services at the Broadway Church, East Broadway at Slocan, don't know if they still do.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello.....
Hope you are already well settled.
I happen to see your message as I am visiting Vancouver next week for a medical conference ,
As I visited Rio in the past, I have always been fascinated with the culture of easy going, yet deep and   rich attitude of Brazilians.
So tell me : what is the Canadian Cerveja like?

Hi Wewin,

Welcome to expat.com.

Please note that member evefreres' last connection was in 2016.

It would therefore be better to contact the person in private or to create a new topic if you want members to assist you regarding any particular subject.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com