EP Pass

Hi gravitas, Already i held in professional visit pass in 2015.  Now i am looking for a job in kl. Normally how much fee for ep pass? What are the procedures?

The employer should apply and pay for the application. The only part the employee pays is the cost for collecting the single entry visa in their home country. This is called the Visa with reference  (vdr) and only way now to enter to take up employment for nationals that ordinarily require a visa.

Thank you for ur reply. How many time to pay income tax in yearlywise? Where to pay in Malaysia?

The employer deducts tax monthly.

28% if in Malaysia for less than 182 days in a tax year (i.e. Jan-Dec)*

Tax rates on annual salary when tax-resident on page 7 https://www.pwc.com/my/en/publications/ … oklet.html

Indicative tax-resident rates:

RM70,000 taxable income = RM 4,600 p.a.
RM100,000 taxable income = RM 10,900 p.a.
RM250,000 tax income = RM 46,900 p.a.

*Malaysia tax system is generous and there is a possibility to retroactively be re-assessed as a tax resident (page 6).

Hi gravitas, how are you?

Iam indian expat working in malaysia. This is my first job in malaysia as a engineer. I worked before 4 years in dubai.

I joined this job(Malaysia) before 3 months. As per my contract 3 months is probation period. Still now i didnt sign my confirmation letter after finiah the probation period.

Now I have another offer from different company tge salary is almost double than here. Really good oppurtunity. But dont know the process.

* Is it possible to shift the job like this?
* if possible, Did I need to exit again while processing a new work permit in new company?
* what are the things I need to request from my current company?
* what are the things the new company need to consider while processing my new work permit.

Note:

Iam a civil engineer, My CIDB already registered and still I didnt get my CIDB card. My current comoany said it under process.

Please advise

Hi gravitas, nowadays i got many job offers from malaysia job consultancy. They are asking me to come visiting malaysia and then collect ur E card. actually what is E card?  Please guide me i don't know the process of E card  or myge  work permit?

What they are suggesting is not the legal way to work in Malaysia.  They invite you and then you become trapped with no immigration status. There is a big rush of this type of scam right now, as the new government is going to close down as much illegal recruiting as possible.

Think of it this way, you offer your services to the "employer" they cheat you both with non-payment of salary and never getting  a work permit (because its impossible once you enter illegally). You pay the ultimate price (they get their business done) by being unable to leave without being deported and banned from returning to Malaysia.

Indian citizens need to get Visa Approval and then collect a single entry special visa (VDR) from Malaysian consulate/High Commission before entering.