NZer moving to Abu Dhabi...Where would you watch the World Cup?

Hi there,  I'm moving to Abu Dhabi to teach in July! Looking forward to the experience.  I hear you have to get a liscence to drink - is this correct.  I know it's very strict but was wondering where you would watch the World Cup games when they're on?

Cheers

Kat

Hi...

it is easy to get an alcohol license here in Abu Dhabi since u r a non-muslim expat...once you have your job, get a salary letter from your work and your passport then go to the nearest police station to issue the license for you...

As for the World Cup, don't worry, it shows everywhere in all pubs and cafes here...

Abu Dhabi is fun and you will enjoy living here...

take care....
cheers

Welcome on board Kat & Donz

Hello Kate!
welcome there!!don't worry you'll find all you can imagine in Abu dhabi.you have plenty of pubs and disco.you even have stores to buy ALL you could need.
I'm sure you ll enjoy there.I like this place too each time I stay there for working.
have fun
Kris

Hi Kat,
I am also moving to Abu Dhabi for a teaching job in August. I guess rugby (World cup) is not totally out of the scene as it will be telecasted. For rugby fans like myself will not totally miss it....May the best team win!!

Smiles :)
epaine