Indian in Mexico

I am new to this Forum. Hi everyone.
I was born in India but have spend the last 35 years in the USA and am a US citizen. I am planning retirement and has started the long process of looking into places in the world  that would be good for me. I have looked at (visited once) SMA, Dolores Hidalgo ,and guanajuato  as possible places to further explore.
My question is a strange one:  As an Indian by birth (lets be honest with brown skin)  how would I be received by the predominantly caucasian Expats and how well would I be able to integrate? I have for the last 35 years lived in predominantly white communities and always felt comfortable with my skin tone and never felt overt discrimination.  I , during my one  short trip to the above place, did talk with many expats and they found my question " a good question". I did not see many person of color among the expats during this time.  Ironically , the locals always thought I was one of them until I opened my mouth (no spaniol )  Ideally i do not want to be isolated to english speaking community. I would like to be immersed and learn spanish.

Thanks for your thoughts and experience sharing!

Hello Pittman!,

I do not live in Mexico, but have visited several times. Mexico is so diverse that I think you'd integrate well. I am concerned about making friends too and building a community, but I'm going to go anyway. I'll be your friend!

Nancy

Hi Pittman,

I think you would fit right in with with many Mexicans "let's be honest with brown skin" :)  I also think that a very large majority of the (non persons of color) Expats, that are there are of a nature that is more open to all "colors" of humanity. It takes a love of people and a respect for different cultures and lifestyles for most people to up and move from where ever it is they come from. I think that short of witness protection program types or "I'm broke and gotta move" individuals, most people that pull up stakes and move to a different country are open and citizens of humanity. Aren't you?

You'll be fine. Bienvenido a Mexico.

Hi
Wht Tgr,

Thank you for that vote of confidence! Yes I up rooted myself as an young man and travelled halfway across the world to make USA my home for more than 3 decades, raised a family, had a career and now is the time for some simple and peaceful living.
I know I am ready to take that plunge.

Hi Sisugirl,

Thank you for your response and specially the offer to be my friend  :)