Can you help me find the place to live in the Netherlands?

Hello! I'm planning to move to the Netherlands at the end of this year after I will finish my master. I haven't decided the place yet so may be you can give me some suggestions. I am sure I will have more job opportunities in the Randstad so I would stay in Amsterdam,Rotterdam or the Hague or may be some few places close to them as I have been told that it's very easy to move from one city to another. I want to live in a young environment city, multicultural place, dutch style, close to nature and sea. Of course I can't pay too much for the renting( can I find an apartment for 500 one month?). I would even share my flat if living in a place close to Amsterdam. I would search for chinese speaking jobs as I studied the language for many years and I have experiences abroad. May be I could work in International Trade but I don't know yet. What do you think is the best place to live in the Netherlands according to your personal experience?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is a link tour Handy Tools section; if you select that, you'll get access to our expat guides.  These contain our Expat Guides which contain Information that may help you plan your journey.

To answer your specific questions:

The Randstad occupies a huge part of Holland - it stretches out to Utrecht, which is in the middle of the country.  Utrecht is almost certainly the cheapest area, but even there they have some expensive places.

With regards to the cost of renting, one way to do it is to use something like Pararius and sense check the different regions within your budget; this link will take you to their website.

Once you've read our Expat guides and checked out any links provided; if you have any further questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team