Almost ready to make the leap.

Hi, I'm from South Africa and if all goes well with the final arrangements over here I will be in Vietnam by August 2018. I'm looking forward to experiencing the culture rich country of Vietnam and all its beauty. Any advice will be welcome and I would love to meet up and hear about your experiences when  I'm over there.

Hi Stofsandaal,

David here from QLD Australia  just doing my research on moving to Hoi An myself with my partner, just joined the Expat and feeling my way around everything, haven't set a date yet s to when we will move, been researching all of Asia for a couple of months now.
Trust your move next month goes smoothly for you mate Cheers David

Hi David

Good luck with the preparations and thank you for the kind words. It's both scary and exciting, but I believe it will be a good adventure. If you come to Vietnam we should watch a Rugby match between the Boks and the Wallabies.
Pietro

Hi Pietro.

Yes it is exciting for sure , making sure all things are in place, that would be great to

watch a rugby match with you, so what work do you do in Vietnam,
and where are you living? do your rent or own? sorry for all the

questions mate.
David

I'm not there yet, but I'm gonna tech English and rent. Would like to start a small business as well, but I'm not sure what yet, although I have a few ideas. It's going to require partnerships as well, but I'll see when I'm there and settled in before I start something that might not even work. And you? What are you guys planning to do there?

Pietro Good to hear from you again mate sorry I had a
Internet problem, that sounds like the way to go
renting I am hoping to secure something
for 3 years or more, I have an agent searching for me at the
moment.
Teaching English sounds the way to go mate, The locals are
looking for people to teach their youngsters.
I am retired so maybe do some Therapeutic massage, and I want
to learn their culture as well as advance my cooking skills,
and maybe travel a little bit in the area

Nice mate. I'm also planning to go for the long haul. I'm slowly learning the language, but my recall memory is letting me down a bit. Need to get rid of all the stress and just relax. Hopefully, things will look brighter in a few months time. I've been teaching in SA, but the political and economic situation in SA is very unstable. Now I need to start over somewhere else, but its a good thing. We have this whole planet and exploration is always good for the soul. I'm going on faith haha.

Yes it is not been good over there we are trying to get the farmers over
here, so they can start a new life with their family's
these days stress is a big thing for every one the whole world
is going down the path of Political correctness which is not good
at all.
Like you I am finding it a little hard to learn the language as well
yes the planet is out there waiting for us to explore it, I see you do a
bit of that yourself :)
I like your sense of Humour, I have tried to put a photo up, but it
keeps telling me the size is not right

We have a game farm here and my stepmom was murdered a few years ago on the farm. I don't want to be negative but people must experience the brutal mentality of some of the races here to really comprehend how bad it is. Not all of them are bad though. I've taught in black schools as well and have had many good students that tried to make something of themselves without blaming the past and burning things down. 15000 farmers can go to Russia now and I know many have moved to Georgia as well where their skills are appreciated. I just want to get away from the negativity and hate and know that I can build a bit of a future somewhere else and help people that will actually appreciate it. I don't want to go over just to take someone else's resources and opportunities, I want to try and integrate and give my share to society.

I follow what you are saying Pietro, here in Australia we have been following
the situation and a few of the government officials have been
campaigning to get your farmers here as well.
I understand that you need to get away from all the **** happening there
I am sure that you will find a new world in Vietnam, and they will appreciate
your help in what you do, like you I want to Integrate as well, and I am
looking forward to a new life  and style of life

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : Mind your language please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct