Entrepreneur meetup

Hey everyone,

I'm an entrepreneur that just landed in Saigon and I'm thinking I'd be nice to meet like-minded individuals who are going through the same thing. It be a great way to network and just talk and get to know fellow expats and locals. If interested, please reply to this thread and if there's enough interest we will move forward and plan something.

Cheers!
fpm10

I would be happy to meet up with VN or Foreign Entrepreneurs interested in franchising their business throughout VN or abroad in SE Asia or even globally (Middle East).

Feel free to connect here or on LinkedIn.

I am interested; please count me in.
Thanks.

would be interested also!

Interested

Interested as well

Hi there,

I am interested , count me in too.............thanks     hd375c

Hello all, we have 7 intersted, are we ready to meet up.

Hello, would be great to meet other entrepreneurs. I'm in:)

Hello Definitely interesting, count me as well.

i would like to meet up will other entreperneurs. Count me in.

I'm not an entrepreneur yet but have experience in setting up business & do PR/Marketing for entrepreneur. Can I join to learn?

Hi all, we have a network event tomorrow -> network 24th Aug - 530pm @ Work Saigon

Those keen do PM with contact before coming.

Cheers

Interested! Have you all meet up alr? If so when will the next meet up be?
Pls count me in ;)

Hello all!

I'm interested in meeting you all. Please provide information on the next meeting.

Thanks!

Hello, are you still in ho chi minh city? I just landed here for few days. I am trying to meet up entrepreneurial people!

Hi I am in Vietnam since nearly a year and have just created my 1st company and working on new project. There is plenty of different things to know but sure you already have plenty of information.
I am in France for the moment but will be back in HCM on November 18th. Easy to arrange a meeting. Thierry

Sounds great! I am not sure how this website works. Can I add you on whatapp? my number is ***
Thanks,
Mindi

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
vinylmint2017 wrote:

Sounds great! I am not sure how this website works. Can I add you on whatapp? my number is ****
Thanks,
Mindi

Hello vinylmint2017,

We request you not to post your contact info on a public forum for security reasons.

You can create a new event in Saigon and invite people to join your event.

We invite you to read Vietnam forum code of conduct.

Thank you.

ok sorry. got it!

Hello,
I'm Australian and will be in Ho Chi Minh City from 2nd to 20th December 2017 visiting and browsing for business opportunities and possibly establishing over there or in between Australia and Vietnam.
I'd also be willing to join such meetings, therefore please count me in and kindly advise if any possibility of a group catch up during my trip over there.

Sincerely,
Anca

Hello Anca

I would love to meet up with if you want to maybe we can do business too

Would love to join also

Ok, I'm interested as well.
I'll move to Vietnam definitly from January 2018.

Who's organizing the first meeting, when, where, meeting agenda?

Hi there ,

same same . from Australia . I am developing some products manufactured in Saigon for Global markets starting in Australia . Industrial Textile products .(Canvas )

The plan is to have all of the products requirements prepared in Vietnam including packaging etc .
So this is the IT component requirements as well . . I have been in and out of Vietnam so many times but id like investigate a 12 month Business visa to simplify the tasks and planning .

Does anyone have any suggestions please . It seem the fortunate ones are the employee sponsored individuals . My business is not a Vietnamese company

All comments welcome

Stephen

Hi Stephen,
This is Van, Viet-oz here, from Brisbane. I currently have a tiny Vietnam business with the office in Bình Thạnh District.
I don't really get all what you need just by reading your post but I might be able to help. May be you would want to come to see me in my office and we can have a chat.
Cheers
Van

Hi,

What are the news?

fmp10, don't you think there is enough interest on this topic?

When? January or February.

Where? Saigon.

Location? To be decided by the organizers.

The organizers? Up to fmp10 to coach on this question :)

Hello,

If this meeting people talk about since early July haven't happened yet after so much interest from others, am wandering if the initiator is still interested, otherwise maybe someone else wishes to take the initiative?
I'll be in Saigon from 3rd to 19th Dec then I may come again early Feb for couple of weeks.
Anyhow I'm curious to see where this is going and I'd be pleased to see all happening.
Sincerely,
Anca

It would be interesting, as it's already been pointed out, the OP was posted back in July, but fmp10 the original poster has only made the one post but yet to reply. So I'm not sure if he is even still atound?

Hello everyone,
If allowed, I have a suggestion/idea:
- please advise if any interest in having a coffee catch up on Saturday 9th Dec or Sunday 10th Dec, say 11 am and say hello to eachother.
There is a Starbucks coffee shop at the base of Ibis Saigon Airport Hotel and if you may find this appealing, please respond, otherwise I leave it up to you all.
If we were to meet, we may choose a name for this meeting and I'll make sure to pass it onto the Starbucks staff for guiding you all to the same table. Curious to hear your thoughts with many thanks in advance,
P.S. - I'm a strong believer in doing things sooner rather than later :)

Anca11 wrote:

Hello everyone,
If allowed, I have a suggestion/idea:
- please advise if any interest in having a coffee catch up on Saturday 9th Dec or Sunday 10th Dec, say 11 am and say hello to eachother.
There is a Starbucks coffee shop at the base of Ibis Saigon Airport Hotel and if you may find this appealing, please respond, otherwise I leave it up to you all.
If we were to meet, we may choose a name for this meeting and I'll make sure to pass it onto the Starbucks staff for guiding you all to the same table. Curious to hear your thoughts with many thanks in advance,
P.S. - I'm a strong believer in doing things sooner rather than later :)

I was going to suggest that someone organise something... You can create an Event free of charge, this way it will reach all those interested.

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

Hi Anca,
Just be careful.   What you've put in your personal profile will unfortunately be the exact opposite to the environment you'll experience here.

I wouldn't touch anything here. The Multi Nationals are usually the only ones making the good money here , along with the local oligarchs.

Good luck though

Yogi007 wrote:

Hi Anca,
Just be careful.   What you've put in your personal profile will unfortunately be the exact opposite to the environment you'll experience here.

Is it really the opposite?  I read something in Anca11's profile that I found disturbing.  She says that investing with her offers "NO possibility of loss or failure."  Other than perhaps government bonds, how can this be?  In fact, I think in the US, investment firms must make some kind of statement about the possibility of losses.  How is this really different than the investment and real estate sharks in Vietnam who like to offer "no possibility of loss or failure."

Ok, thanks for your comment, before anything.
I understand those who may not come from my industry may easily think that way, however from my point of view an economist in the field with extensive corporate lending experience and knowing the cherry-picked projects after thoroughly assessing them, with all the security in place (security represents the birrower's Assets which are ones of the best positioned in Sydney metro area easily transformed in cash if any default from the borrower's side plus the way we structure the commercial contracts with all caveats followed by registered mortgages over such strong assets, results in no possibility of loss...that's right!!!).
My profile mostly speaks to possible professional investors but I understand for others at the first sight may not make a lot of sense.
Hope now I might've covered a bit more and is a bit easier to grasp.
If any questions, happy to answer because we all come from different industries and the reason of this site is to interact and exchange opinion experiences and connect at personal and business level, so I can assure you there is NO intention to offend or otherwise dear friend, and jumping to such conclusions without having all the details may not be the best choice.
My acrivity is addressing to a certain market under very strict strong legislation and licenses, therefore not blaming anyone if not understanding everything in this particular field, that's why I'm always happy to answer any questions if any, with many thanks

Hi Yogi,
Many thanks for your kind advice, I've taken it all in and may change it soon.
I'm always open to any suggestions with many thanks in advance.
Much appreciated indeed.
Sincerely,
Anca

Thanks for the replies.

I won't be in VN till Jan. 1st and be free only in the evenings. First week or last week in January would be fine for me.
If not, then Feb.

Hi Anca, Dec.9 or 10 is good for me, if anyone still wants to join maybe we can have it started. then plan the next one again soon to have new ones come and join also. to the admin if will allow this one, then may as well start it.

Fine, fine...
Happy New Year to all!

Seems not much progress here...

Ok, here is my proposal:

ENTREPRENEUR MEETUP SAIGON
* When: Every last Friday of the month. Next meetup on Friday 26th January 26th, 2018.
* Time: Starting at 7:00 pm.
* Venue: Roof Top, An An Saigon, 89 Ton That Dam, Q1 (just below Bitexco tower).
* Budget: Business cards and at least a drink to share with other buddies.
* ID: Ask for Mr. Michel, password = ILOVEANANSAIGON.

* Confirmation wanted now and asap. As soon as I'll get on expat.com 5 positive confirmations, I will book Roof Top An An Saigon for ten, for a start.

I think the meet up is all talks only and nobody commits, but i'm interested for it also, i will be ok on 26th.

Alan registered.