Dealing with loneliness in Bulgaria

Thanks for the info
I already am enrolled on a Bulgarian language course its Bulgarian 101 but I will check out your info.
For me arriving in late March it as been a rush to clear and then plant my garden along with many problems to solve with the house and resident papers etc now I am busy canning or freezing tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, and courgettes and because my garden was not cultivated for several years I have a very real weed problem which is the bain of my life at the moment that take up most of my time not leaving much time to buckle down and study.
Will make more of an effort when the growing season stops in the Autumn.
Thanks for your advice Nigel

Thanks Sue,

It is heartwarming that people responded to the post.  And it is good to give as well as take, battenburg cake is the exception to the rule!  I have taken so much helpful information from the forum that giving back is such a pleasure.  I also think that after the first 6 month honeymoon period it is normal to go through the doldrums, some people more accutely than others.  I have lived in a few other countries and it seems to be so.  But it does pass.