How to immigrate from South Africa to Panama

Good morning All,

This is George Radstone again, I posted a few days back that I would love to move to Panama permanently and find a job there. Anyone that can advise on how to immigrate from South Africa to Panama as quickly and cheaply as possible and also how or where does one find work....at this stage, any type of work will do, I will start at the bottom and work my way up. Please contact me on email ***. Thank you

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details for your own security

Hi GRawstorne,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Panama forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

I invite you to have a look at the Living in Panama guide section, you might find some starting information.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Thank you very much Pricilla... :)

Hi All

Pleas can you assist me in a agency for panama, i would like to relocate

Thank you

Hello Alfred,

**** Immigrasie prokureurs in Panama city. Hulle het al 100de S.A.ners gehelp met die legal stuff. Hulle het my visum aangesoek gedoen...als seepglad, in en uit.
Teenoor goedkoper maniere, maar frustrerend as jy nie Spaans praat nie, dae het om in rye te staan, ens...
Immigrasie kantore het geen aanwysings binne nie, nog nooit so baie mense in slangetjies rye gesien staan nie😣. Ek was beide kere binne 30 min in en uit😁
Sê groete vir Ricardo, n regte gentleman, en baie geduldig met al my vrae! Jy kan agterkom this ain't his 1st rodeo!
Voorspoed!
Ilona Visser

You will need a good lawyer. *** and ** is very good. You will need residency and then a work permit, which seems harder and more time consuming to get these days as people are frustrated with people coming in from Colombia and Venezuela and supposedly taking Panamanian jobs. I think if you need to work, Panama may not be the easiest place to get established but I don't have experience working outside the US so I'm not the best one to ask.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or through the private messaging system to avoid any kind of advertising on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi daar,

So jy raai aan denfab. Kan hulle jou help vanaf suid afrika?

Hello everyone,

@ Chereejonck, please note that you are required to write only in english on the open forum (so that members can fully understand you).

However, you may write in any language you want to, if you send a private message to that member...click on his profile/photo > send a message.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi there

There are so many things to consider before you make that decision, and then when you do, you will need a good lawyer to help you. ***

We are South Africans living in Panama

Have a great day
Ciska

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising/promotion of your own services is not allowed on the forum.

Hi George . My Wife and I started the process in December 2018 . it is now 20 January 2019 and we are already well on our way .We made contact with a guy called Peter Dykes ..  [email protected] , who is the regional facilitator for South Africans wanting to leave SA and settle in Central and Latin America . Out attorney is a very courteous gentleman by the name of Juan . I did all the background checks to see it was not a scam first before sending him the first downpayment of $650 . Total it will cost us about $6100 . So we have sent him all the documents excepting the police clearance and unabridged marriage certificate which we have applied for and are waiting for . But yep . We are already tentatively booked to.fly to Panama in April to open our bank accounts and a looks good.  We have started to learn to speak Spanish and I am actually quite enjoying it . Obviously we have reservations but fortunately we are selling up.here and will.have enough to buy a comfortable home in Panama
Do the whole process should be complete by August or September . As soon as we have been approved in April., we can then go full steam ahead and start selling off all our stuff we are not taking with . Oh yes . I forgot to tell you that you will also need to have money to open a Panamanian bank.account with .. That you can withdraw immediately again after the account is open so I guess you could actually borrow the money if you dont have it . single person is $5000 and married is $7000. So I guess you would put in either 6 or 8 . So the total.cost is about R100 000 for a single person and a$130 000 for a married couple . But contact Peter Dykes and he will guide you through the process .

Hi Alfred .. Contact   Peter Dykes in Panama     [email protected]. He is the regional co ordinator for South Africans leaving SA to settle in Panama . Whole process will cost $6100 for attorneys and 5 -7 thou US$ to open account which you can withdraw as soon as the account us open so I guess you could borrow that but I would recommend leaving something in the account . Peter will put you in touch with the same attorneys we are using .  guy by the name of Juan . Did background checks first and gave him a down payment of $650 ,to.proceed . A going well and we expect to.be finished with SA by August 2019 . Get a you tax affairs in order , Police clearance, unabridged marriage certificate, Passpory copies , drivers licence copies . names of both of you parents . to facilitate.

Thanks you

I have just sent you a message I hope it helps.

Good day

We are from South Africa

Hope some one can help we will love to Immigrate to Panama as soon as possible'
Who can we contact for assistance to speed things up please.

Thanks in advance

Sarel

I found a site called ***

Maybe they can asssit

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or in private. Thank you