New Adventure in Belize

Hi everyone ! We are a 50's couple interested in moving to Belize. We are planning a 2 week trip in early August. We know that this is not the best time to visit but,visiting paradise now will make the good times even better ! We would like to meet some x-pats for advise on moving to Belize. We would love to hear from you. Thanks Jim & Susan

Hi Jim & Susan!  My first visit to Belize was in August as well.  Sure, it was hot and humid, but at least I knew the worst I would have to deal with if I moved here, which I did in October of last year.

I live in San Ignacio.  I've also lived in San Pedro.  If you have questions feel free to ask or message me privately.  Take care,

Sharon

Thanks Sharon and thanks for your offer to give us guidence.Not many people saying hi to fellow future ex-pats. I guess they want to keep belize a secret. Well surprise the secrets out !
Thanks again Jim & Susan

Hi Jim and Susan,

My husband and I visited San Pedro twice last year; once in May and once in August.  May was hotter than August, much to my surprise! I later read that May is actually the hottest month there.  Not that August isn't hot, but at least for us, by that time of the summer, we were very accustomed to summer temperatures here in North Carolina, so there was no shock to the system getting to Belize. It was actually perfect for our tastes then -- highs in the 80s, lows in the 70s.  It only rained once the week we were there, despite being "rainy" season.  In May it rained 11" in one day while we were there!  So you just never know...

We will be expats there but will not be there in early August during your visit.

Hey there thanks for the info. We will be looking for cooler temps in Aug. Being from Phoenix, Arizona temps will be oh ! around 115 but, it's a dry heat - lol
Jim and Suan

Yes, one thing that you will immediately notice about Belize is that it is VERY humid, and I believe that is year-round.  So it will probably feel just about as hot as Arizona due to the humid air. We are used to hot, humid summers in NC, so it didn't faze us.  In May it hadn't gotten so hot yet here, so Belize was a shock to the system.  Every day the forecast high was lower on the Cayes than on the mainland, though, and with more breeze the closer to the ocean you are, so that helps a lot. 

Hope you have a wonderful trip down and love Belize as much as we do!

Emily

Enjoy your trip.  I always find that August and September are the hottest and most humid months in the Corozal area.  If you are by the sea, it is not so bad, since you always have a nice strong breeze blowing in off the bay.  It's like a wind tunnel in my house.  The water is also nice and warm this time of year, almost too hot :)
Enjoy your trip to Belize!

Hello all,
My wife and I are planning a trip to Placencia and Corozal in late August as well. I have been reading many of the blogs on here and it seems access to the blog from Belize is difficult. But we are coming to look at retirement options and I would like to contact someone there. I have also noted that most internet searches yield results that are several years old. We are set up to stay at Corozal Bay Inn for three days of our stay but cannot get any up to date info on the place. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance and may you have a very pleasant evening.