Best season to move to Belgium

Hello,

Many expats choose to move to Belgium at a specific time of the year, and we invite you to share some tips about the best seasons to move to the country.

What is the best season/time of the year to move to Belgium, and why?

How do rent prices fluctuate based on the different seasons?

Is there a change in the job market depending on the seasons, such as job availability?

Are there any seasonal festivals or cultural events that would allow you to learn about the country?

What are the times of year to avoid for expatriation to Belgium?

During which season did you move? How did it go?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I moved to Belgium in march 2018. I live in Antwerp. I came here from London. I'm still trying to blend in and make friends. Learning Dutch/french is hard. Send me a PM if you want to know more about Belgium

Best wishes

Leopardspeed wrote:

I moved to Belgium in march 2018. I live in Antwerp. I came here from London. I'm still trying to blend in and make friends. Learning Dutch/french is hard. Send me a PM if you want to know more about Belgium

Best wishes

I'm moving into the same area in August, my wife has a new role starting on the 3rd September in Bornem.

She is Dutch, so she doesn't need the language lessons, however her company are willing to pay for my classes.

How have you gone about learning the language? I'm aware that you can go to the various agencies that are set up for none EU citizens and I was considering doing this.

I do speak a little Dutch, enough to get by as a tourist but not enough to work in a none international environment.

I also came to Belgium recently (December), and already spoke some Dutch. I didn't get my “inburgerings” letter until April, and still haven't taken the society lesson classes. I was able to take a language test and tested out of several levels in Dutch, which was nice to go into a class where their knowledge was similar to mine, but also hard because I didn't know any of the grammatical rules!

We moved here from the United States - my husband is a Belgian citizen, so that made a lot of the transition easier. I've loved the classes, though, and while there weren't any English-as-mother-tongue fellow students, I still made several friends. I plan on continuing with classes in the fall until I get a job.

As far as the original post, I enjoyed coming here in the winter, but I'm loving the change of seasons and all the green here! (I moved from Arizona). I have no idea from a financial standpoint what time of year is best, but as far as taxes go, it was the perfect time, because we began the calendar year here, and it's been very clean!