Getting residence permit

Hello there,
We're about to buy a house in Montenegro.

The house we are planning to buy will be on my wife in the tittle.
We will apply for a residence permit together with our marriage certificate.

May it be difficult for me to get the residence permit?

We will happy if anyone repplies...

Hi it is easy enough to get temporary residence once you own a property.There are several items you need .1 Police clearance from were you live at present
2.you need to take out insurance cover for a month this can be done with a company called  uniqui.
3.you need a copy of your passport
4.Birth certificate and for your wife marriage certificate as well
5.you need to open a Bank account and have at least 3,000 Euro deposit
6.house ownership documents.
Once you have your temporary residence cards you will not need all these documents when you go to renew it.
If you are thinking of buying a car in Montenegro and you want to put it in your name it is also a good time to do it when you getting residency as both are linked to Heather.All this paperwork has to be handed into MUP office in your local town.

Correction: insurance must be for a year, not a month.

Kumbor and Monte-Tina,
Thanks for information that you wrote.

Monte Tina,
Is the insurance only for 1 month when you apply via the work permit way and 1 year with the property ownership way? It makes sense I guess....
Cheers,
Carine

Regarding temporary residence insurance for non working permit I only had to take out insurance for one month it might be different if you are looking for a work permit or have the rules changed?
It is also not required to have  this insurance for non working permit when you renew your permit yearly .
            You do need to update your property owners list when you reapply yearly for the permit as this only lasts for 6  months.

Hi all again,

Can we apply for a residence permit with prepayment certificate and other documents after we have paid the pre-payment?
Or do we have to wait to get the original tittle?

I'm asking this because one lokal person said that; we could apply for a residence permit immediately after the home purchase process started.
Is this true?

Hi  I would think that you will need the
orignal ownership documents in your name as I have said in my previous post that even these documents have to be renewed after 6 months  when you are reapplying for your permit the following year you will have to get your owners documents updated.

I had the same experience and searched for a lot. Based on what officers and my lawyer said that to me; I have to have a certificate which is showing that the house registered under my name. If the regulations did not change since March.

So, the purchase process has to be finalized and you have your  "List Nepokretnosti" on your hand. I bought the house at Danilovgrad Municipality and it took app 2,5-3 months to finalize and register under my name.

Hi all, Just been reading the posts. Can anyone advice on where is best to apply for the temp residency permit. We have heard conflicting stories. One say the "ministy of labour" in montenegro where the purchased property is and others say that is must be applied for in the embassy in our home country which is in london. Many thanks.

Hi all, Just been reading the posts. Can anyone advice on where is best to apply for the temp residency permit. We have heard conflicting stories. One say the "ministy of labour" in montenegro where the purchased property is and others say that is must be applied for in the embassy in our home country which is in london. Many thanks.
-@Stephanie Goodrum

Hello Stephanie and hope you're well

Unfortunately this topic is old (2018)

I can advise you to create a new one with your request, you will have for sure new answers very quickly.

Have a nice day,

Mickael

Team Expat.com